Humanitarian Blog

Harvard-MIT Student Debate on Pakistan this Friday by The Humanitarian Blog

Harvard and MIT have organized a panel discussion on Pakistan’s current state and future prospects:

Date: Friday, 2/8
Time: 6:00pm to 7:30pm
Location: 4-270

There’ll be four panelists, all of whom have a strong interest in Pakistani politics: Samad Khurram and Aqil Sajjad from Harvard, and Saad Zaheer and myself from MIT. We’ll each speak for ten minutes, with the remaining 50 minutes reserved for questions, answers, and debate.

This event is especially important in light of Benazir Bhutto’s assassination and the polarized dialogue to which it has given rise.

I hope to see lots of you there!

13 responses to “Harvard-MIT Student Debate on Pakistan this Friday”

1. Nihar says:

Hi Ali!
    I was wondering what the focus of the debate would be on? …exclusively the current situation and its likely consequences or…?

that sounds really interesting

I wish i could come

will you blog about how it went?

3. Shruthi says:

Do blog about how it goes… Looking forward to hearing, I mean, reading the stuff you guys have to say on the topic smile

4. Swagnik says:

Would the discussion also touch upon issue of possible bilateral relations with India and China in the future……..was just doing a little reading on that recently.
    All the best Ali

5. Glen says:

I love hearing about stuff like that! Let us know how it goes!

6. Ali says:

@Aditi:

A video recording of the event will be made available shortly after it takes place.

@Swagnik:

It’s possible that that topic might come up during the 50-minute question, answer, and debate period, although I suspect that it won’t.

@Nihar:

The debate will focus on the current situation, how we’ve arrived there, and what can be done to improve Pakistan’s future.

7. dotty says:

It is so cool, I would love to participate in such a great event so much!!! Ali, what’s your major? Probably Political Sciences:)

8. Nancy says:

Hello Ali,
    I’m also fond of politics. Do you think it is a good decision to choose Benazir Bhutto’s son as the new leader?

9. What exactly do you hope to achieve through this “discussion”? and….Please send a copy to President Musharaf of the video of this “discussion”!

10. Ali says:

@Dotty:

Political Science indeed. =)

11. Hi Ali,
    Sound like a pritty intresting debate! for a heads up, you might want to take a look at the site, http://www.savingpakistan.org It will be a great help.
    GoodLuck
    Ameen

12. Hammad says:

This sounds really amazing… looking forward to the video..!!

Musharaf: Live like a loser and Die Hard !!