MIT staff blogger Chris Peterson SM '13

MIT EA Decisions To Be Posted Saturday, 12/16/23, at 12:16 PM ET by Chris Peterson SM '13

Your early action decisions, wrapped

I’ve stopped listening to Jenny’s cozy destress vibes playlist while psychoanalyzing the bloggers01 bloggers: i'm looking at your spotify wrapped and taking in the information and creating new assumptions and analyses about u btw and i'm pathologizing them too. and creating narratives. long enough to tell you that Early Action decisions for the Class of 2028 will be released Saturday, 12/16/23, at 12:16 PM ET

To check your Early Action decision on Saturday, login02 I suggest you go practice logging in there now, so that you don’t run into any issues on Saturday. If you need to reset your password, just go to <a href="http://apply.mitadmissions.org/apply" data-inline-card="" data-card-data="">apply.mitadmissions.org/apply</a>, click the link to Log In, then click “Forgot Your Password?” and follow the instructions. If you still need help after that, feel free to email <a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a> and someone from our team will get back to you! to apply.mitadmissions.org/apply and go to your Application Status Page.03 That’s the same place that you’ve been tracking your application checklist, which is now turned off. Your decision will be awaiting you there, behind a button that says “View Update.” Make sure that you are ready to receive your decision before you press that button.

Admissions decisions will be available exclusively online. Decisions will not be released via email, carrier pigeon, telepathic snails, postal rocket, or intergalactic radio broadcast. However, we will be sending admitted students additional, cylindrical information in the near future.

Until then, try not to think about decisions too much; in fact, be like Boroton, who has never had a thought in his life. Go listen to Jenny’s playlist and let it help you escape the samsara of the application cycle. In a few days, let the decision wash over you, knowing that whatever it is, this too shall pass. Above all else, be kind to yourself and others. As Kurt Vonnegut wrote:

Hello babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. On the outside, babies, you’ve got a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies —  God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.

a dog in a blanket

Boroton. The smart man asks: “what is he thinking?” The wise man knows that he is not.

1. bloggers: i'm looking at your spotify wrapped and taking in the information and creating new assumptions and analyses about u btw and i'm pathologizing them too. and creating narratives. back to text
  2. I suggest you go practice logging in there now, so that you don’t run into any issues on Saturday. If you need to reset your password, just go to apply.mitadmissions.org/apply, click the link to Log In, then click “Forgot Your Password?” and follow the instructions. If you still need help after that, feel free to email [email protected] and someone from our team will get back to you! back to text
  3. That’s the same place that you’ve been tracking your application checklist, which is now turned off. back to text