New bloggers? New bloggers! by Jenny B. '25

[cue fanfare]

the 20th century studios logo, but with "THE BABY BLOGGERS ARE HERE" written on it in gold wordart instead

After several hours of discussing so many good applications that were submitted this year, we inducted nine new bloggers!

Please give a warm welcome to:

aiden '28 avatar angie '28 avatarellie '28 avatarfiona '27 avatarjanet '27 avatar

kai '25 avatarrichard '28 avatarsara '28 avatarveronica '27 avatar

• Aiden H. ‘28 from Loveland, Colorado, who grew up without internet and turned to books for entertainment like a Victorian woman but now creates chaotic Google Docs at 2AM (though he still stays off Twitter) 📖
  • Angie F. ‘28 from Guaynabo, Puerto Rico, and a writer of heartfelt birthday letters to her friends 🎂
  • Ellie F. ‘28 from Conway, Arkansas, who creates silly MS paint drawings, counterclocks (which are exactly what they sound like), and stupid Mathcamp game variants ⏰
  • Fiona L. ‘27 from San Mateo, California, who wrote a poem every week last year and organized the “Lu Family Dinner” for all MIT community members with the last name Lu 🍗
  • Janet G. ’27 from Hamilton, New Zealand, an “anything but walking, PLEASE” transportation enthusiast, lover of her homeland’s native birds, and always on the lookout for her next favourite napping spot 🚴
  • Kai V.B. ‘25 from Los Angeles, California, who reportedly has the same music taste as everyone in LA, wants to be Perceived, and has spent the past year-ish counting salmon (with computer vision) 🐟
  • Richard O. ‘28 from Fredericksburg, Virginia, a photojournalist who has always wanted to live in a city and finally treated himself to a beach day after graduating high school (complete with a sand sculpture of MIT) 📸
  • Sara N. ‘28 from Union, Kentucky, who regrets her middle school Google Drive purge, and will someday be a kind MIT stranger to a campus visitor 🤗
  • Veronica P. ‘27 from Cypress, Texas, an avid bookworm (including a former Teen Advisory Board Member to a local bookstore), a thrifter, and collector of slice-of-life sitcom memories 📚

Their first posts are coming soon, so keep your eyes peeled!

And a heartfelt thank you to all 53 students who applied this year. Writing about yourself is hard (and so are applications!), so we’re more than honored that you shared your writing with us. It was fun to read through your talented work and earnest thoughts, and it was a struggle to come down to a final decision. We hope that you keep writing/creating, and we look forward to what you’ll make in the future!