just for fun!
- What colleges are you applying to?
- I have like forty on my list, including this one obscure school in Antarctica but it has a good penguin department and idk maybe I’ll major in that
- not sure but I found this really interesting Wikipedia article about weird deaths
- A few state schools, two or three smaller colleges, maybe MIT…
- Whatever’s in the top ten of the U.S. News & World Report rankings
- What are you writing your essays on?
- well I did one draft about a club I lead but thought it was too basic so I also might do something on the nonprofit I founded?? but maybe I should focus more on the research I do at a nearby lab, or the volunteer trip I took to Africa. or should I go in the quirky direction?
- unclear but you would not believe the number of people who have died from laughing too hard
- I decided to write about something that gives a good sense of who I am and what I value
- How I got all 5s on my AP exams without even trying
- What question are you most likely to ask on a campus tour?
- what do you mean question singular
- bold of you to assume I would ever go on a campus tour
- “What do you wish you’d known as a first-year?”
- “What SAT score do you need to get in? Because I only got a 1590.”
- How do you plan on spending Halloween?
- sitting in front of my laptop panicking over which school to apply to early
- when’s Halloween?
- I’m too old for trick-or-treating, but maybe I’ll go to a party with friends
- On College Confidential, telling other applicants that their test scores are too low
- Why do you want to go to college?
- everybody’s always expected me to go, but maybe I don’t actually want that? like, maybe I should take a gap year. or apply to trade school. or just refresh the 94802987 tabs I’ve opened
- haha the meme value
- Because I want to expand my horizons and…What? That’s not a memorized answer. I’ve used it in every single one of my admissions interviews because it’s the truth. I genuinely want to go, for myself.
- So everybody knows how accomplished and smart I am
congrats! you don’t know what you want out of life. but who does? just make sure to choose before it’s too late and you’re left only with the black licorice at the bottom of the bag.
congrats! you procrastinate so hard, you’re Easter candy during Halloween.
congrats! you play it safe, so you’re inoffensive and palatable to everyone. you have your life together.
congrats! nobody likes you.