things that are golden, part 2 by Audrey C. '24

a zine carved out of pink erasers

things that are golden, part 0 (pen and highlighter markers, 2020)

things that are golden, part 1 (digital, 2021)

things that are golden, part 2 (blockprinted ink, 2023):

yellow aspen leaves

specifically from the tree in front of Walker Memorial

the liminality of public transportation

the commuter rail has caused me so much anguish this summer, but i’ll defend her until my last breath

tomatoes ripening on the vine

hot poi summer: picture of a poi prop on fire

telephone wires fracturing a setting sky

imagery borrowed from Turtles All the Way Down by John Green

so much for stardust - two people reaching for a star

the new-ish Fall Out Boy album. tbh I feel so-so about the album as a whole, but I do like the eponymous song, So Much (for) Stardust

warm street lamps

long bike rides

this summer i’ve been biking to some naturey places in the area, like Middlesex Fells and Walden Pond!

text for accessibility:

yellow aspen leaves

the liminality of public transportation

tomatoes ripening on the vine

hot poi summer

so much for stardust

warm street lamps

long bike rides

This iteration of “things that are golden” was inspired by @cactuscloudart‘s pink eraser carvings! I already had printmaking tools from a virtual printmaking session I ran (with the support of the Council for the Arts at MIT) in Fall 2020, but I didn’t have any more blocks to carve. Linoleum blocks, which are typically used for printmaking, can get pricey and would make me feel bad if I messed up. At my level of block cutting experience, messing up is pretty much guaranteed. On the other hand, a 24-pack of pink erasers lets me carve without fear. It’s really therapeutic, the feeling of the blade slicing through soft rubber. Slicing through soft flesh is less fun though, so always carve away from yourself!

photo of carved erasers and eraser scraps