MIT blogger Cami M. '23

To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before: P.S. I Love You by Cami M. '23

THANK YOU LSC

A couple nights ago, Shayna messaged our very miscellaneous group chat this:

image of shayna inviting me to see to all the boys i've loved before ps i love you exclusive early screening

HELL. FUCKING. YES.

For those of you who don’t know me, this is my dream. I watched the first To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before movie on Netflix at least 14 times over, if not more, and read the first two books over and over again. I love, love, love this series. I’m a sucker for romcoms.

And it’s ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE that MIT Lecture Series Committee has access to resources like this.

The moment I finished up the blogger meeting I ran to Lobby 7 to meet with Emma so we could take a Lyft to the ShowPlace ICON Theatre in Seaport, a super nice venue that made me feel very bougie.

In the Lyft, we excitedly chatted about classes (which is coming up in a blog post very, very soon!!!). Soon enough, we arrived at the gorgeous venue. We took the escalator to the top floor and talked to the lady at the front, saying we were here for the early screening. Yes, this made me feel very special. How often can you say you’re here for an EXCLUSIVE EARLY SCREENING?!?!?!?

She pointed us to the reception area where they were serving drinks and food.

picture of free notebook and food

I scarfed down the sliders and pizza because I went to the Z earlier today. The notebook is SO CUTE and Emma and I were just SO HYPED for this movie.

When 6:45 came around, we all rushed to theatre 6 to claim our seats. We were seated in the second row of the theatre, but honestly not complaining, I could’ve been sat on the ground for all I cared.

image of the screen announcing the movie about to begin

I was practically V I B R A T I N G at this point.

emma and i smiling before the movie

before

emma and i shook after the movie

after

SO LET’S TALK ABOUT THE MOVIE.

I’m putting off my 6.009, 6.08, and CMS.100 work JUST TO TALK ABOUT THIS MOVIE.

**will not contain any spoilers**

I’ve read the books before, so I knew kind of what was going to happen, but it is SO MUCH BETTER watching the movie in a room full of fans. The moment the movie started I heard squeals and gasps of excitement and whispers and it just made me feel so cozy. I was so comfortable with just reacting (because when I watch a movie I’m into I AUDIBLY AND VISUALLY REACT).

This movie was so fun to watch. I made comments and such to the people around me who also did the same every time something adorable or awkward or cute or bad happened. I cried. I laughed. I giggled. I squealed. I aww’d. It was amazing. It made me want to be in love. It made me feel so floaty.

To give you a picture of the range of emotions this film made me feel, I: physically recoiled in my seat, kicked out my legs, bawled, sobbed, screamed, laughed, and so. Much. More. Ross Butler, if for some reason you ever read this, please marry me.

Please.

I’m an MIT student. I’m going to get an MIT Computer Science degree. Please love me. I’m single. I’m ready to mingle. Please bench press me. Thank you.

Anyway.

The whole movie was just an incredible experience and it was a much needed break from the stress of this week (more of that in a later blogpost). I’m really grateful I got the chance to go.

I just wanted to do a really lighthearted and happy blogpost to talk about some of the really cool parts about MIT, like the random movie nights we get or the freebies or the cool outings and adventures. This is one of them. This was something I’m really, really happy I was a part of.

I am SO EXCITED for the rest of the world to see To All The Boys I’ve Loved Before: P.S. I Love You and I’d LOVE LOVE LOVE if people either messaged me or commented THEIR thoughts on the movie for when it comes out (on the twelfth!).

(I swear I’m not sponsored by them, I’m just completely and wholeheartedly enamoured with this series. It makes me feel so light and fluffy and wholesome and happy. I feel like I’m allowed to just be a giggly hopeless romantic whenever I read anything or see anything related to this series.)

Anyway, remember to have fun and take breaks once in a while. Go out and watch some movies, or rewatch your old favorites. Watch them with friends and make sure you comment lots and lots!!!!