MIT staff blogger Chris Peterson SM '13

Watch this year’s 2.s009 final presentations by Chris Peterson SM '13

designing kindness during a time of covid

This is a very brief blog post to remind you —  as our announcement on the right hand side already says —  that the 2.s009 product launch is tonight!

Every year we blog about 2.009, a capstone course in Course 2 (Mechanical Engineering) and one of the most famous courses at MIT. The final presentations always overflow Kresge Auditorium, and if you count the number of people who watch the webcast, it is the most attended annual event at MIT, outstripping event Commencement.

You can watch the webcast at s009kindness.com, where you will also be able to ask questions of the competing teams; I also expect you will learn how one of MIT’s flagship hands-on courses, with a class budget larger than some offices at MIT, handled safety precautions during Covid-19 while still having fun. You can also see this image gallery for some behind-the-scenes photos as you’re waiting for the show to start.

I’m too busy reading applications to ‘attend,’ alas, but I can’t wait to watch the archived footage later!
promotional poster for 2.s009's live webcast, with the date and time and link written above some illustrations