The following components should be submitted online via Slideroom:
- 2015 Transfer Application
- Three letters of recommendation: One from a math or science professor and two from any professors who know you well.
- Application fee of $75. If paying the fee presents a hardship for you and your family, you may request a fee waiver by emailing email@example.com after you begin your transfer application.
The remaining documents should be mailed directly to MIT:
- Official college transcript(s) in a sealed envelope. If you are admitted, a final transcript covering subjects subsequently taken should be sent as soon as it is available. If you attended more than one college or university, you will need to send in transcripts from each college attended.
- High school transcript/secondary school record in a sealed envelope.
- Supplemental Document cover sheet (optional) - use this form to submit any additional materials.
Click here to download a guide to submitting your transfer application.
Mail documents to:
MIT Transfer Admissions
77 Massachusetts Avenue, Room 3-108(T)
Cambridge, MA 02139
Essays, Activities & Tests Form
The required essays consist of three short-answer response questions (250 word limit). Remember that your essays are not a writing test. They’re the place in the application where we look for your voice - who you are, what drives you, what's important to you, what makes you tick. Be honest, be open, be real - connect with us. That's all that matters.
Please use our form, not a resume, to list your activities. There is only enough space in this section to list a few things, so please choose the activities that mean the most to you and tell us a bit about them. This will tell us more about you than any "laundry list" of everything you've ever done.
You should self-report your standardized test scores in your application, However, your scores must also be reported to us officially from the testing agency; scores you list on your application and scores appearing on your school transcript will not be considered official.