Sometimes MIT gets a bum rap for not having a pretty campus. I disagree. Sure, we may not have brick buildings and ivy-covered walls. But we have wacky (modern? postmodern?) buildings, the best river views in Cambridge, and a whole lot more.
So without further ado, 10 reasons why MIT is beautiful:
(1) Because I get to see this view every day walking home after class:
(2) Because even the Infinite (Corridor) has an ending.
(3) Because in between classes, I might eat lunch in Killian Court...
(4) ...or take a walk by the boathouse:
(5) I'd show you sailing photos, but I'm not confident enough in my abilities to bring electronics on board. So here's the boathouse from another angle:
(6) Because sometimes you look up and nothing makes sense:
(7) Because engineering can be colorful:
^from 2.008 Design and Manufacturing II. I'll write about the final product soon!
(8) Because we get cool toys to play with in class:
^a Form1+ we used in 2.008. Yay MIT alum companies!
(9) Because the Esplanade is only a short walk from campus:
(10) If you're ever lost in Boston, just look towards the water and you'll see home:
Fun fact: all of the photos in this post were taken with a compact camera that I carry in my pocket. I'm currently doing a 30-day photo challenge where I take at least one good photo a day. Let me know in the comments if there's anything in particular that you want to see me shoot!