Candyland @ MIT by Melis A. '08

Not your average gingerbread houses!

My dorm’s study break tonight consisted of a Gingerbread House Making Contest. Armed with candy, graham crackers, frosting, and ingenuity, seven teams of Baker House residents built architectural masterpieces in only an hour. Though they were given the option to build anything they wanted, three teams decided to model MIT buildings. Check it out, who do you think should win?

The team that built Baker:

13 responses to “Candyland @ MIT”

1. AJ says:

Looks delicious!

2. theresa says:

hmm… it looks like Baker is most accurate, but props to Killian for the multitude of colors smile

3. Will says:

The Killian one looks like it was directly extracted from the story of Hansel and Gretel. Very sweet (literally)!

4. Lookie says:

Did anybody else notice the Stanford shirt?

5. Elizabeth says:

We did kinda’ the same thing in homeroom today- we decorated gingerbread men. While this is less ingenuous, we only had 10 minutes. Brilliant colors!
    I love the idea of study break- everyone stops at the same time and goofs off!

6. Eoin says:

I liked Ashdown House the best!
    Slainte!

7. Peter says:

Well, Baker House in Candyland seems to be the only architecture there that resembles what the buildings are modeled after, but Killian Hall is definitely the most scrumpdidlyumptious (courtesy from Mr. Willy Wonka).

8. Brandy says:

Lookie, yes I noticed it, but hopefully it says on the backside “sucks” = )

If not, I can’t explain. = )

Oh by the way, all the gingerbread houses look delicious!!

9. jewel says:

what is this?

10. jewel says:

looking fine!!

11. Hi

I think the last one should win. It comes the closest to reality!

Ankit Chandra
    Gaborone, Botswana

12. They are all too good.
    great job !!

13. sarah says:

THAT GIRL’S WEARING A STANFORD SHIRT?!?

ohmy, those buildings look ohso yummmmyyy