Apr 8, 2005

CPW Day 2

Another insane (in a good way) day! Got to MIT early; checked in with my fellow admissions peeps. Not bound to the Reg Desk today, I made the most of my time attending events and meeting prefrosh.

Started with the Student Life & Learning Panel & followup sessions. Had lunch with Mootmom. Went back to my office for the first time in 2 days; checked email.

Akash & Erin stopped by and we stalked people using the satellite feature of Google Maps for an hour or so. Met up with Lorelle and headed to the BSU Lounge in Walker; met some awesome people. Went to Senior Haus just in time to see 6000 bouncy balls thrown off the roof. Had some fun with said balls.

Back to the BSU Lounge to hear AMAZING live jazz and eat Redbones for dinner. From there I headed to the Mr/Miss MIT pageant in time to see the winners crowned. At last Lorelle and I packed up the computers in La Sala and headed back to 3-107.

Note to Caltech students: the note you left in our office, informing us of this, has made its way to, um, the right people. Not that I know anything about this. What? What note? What are you talking about?

P.S. Can I just tell you all how much the prefrosh ROCK?

Today's pics are below...

Hey Ben! Its awesome
what a nice pic

The pics at Matt's blog are awsome and I loved the MIT bhangra Club perform the South Asian folk dance here!!!
smile
have a grt CPW>

we are enjoying the cricket match heer as well as the updates from u guys abt the CPW

Posted by: 0 on April 9, 2005

oh the above post was mine,
just forgot to put my name in excitement!

BTW, I cannot judge where does ur bottom left strat from hehehehe

can u start by the color of the shirt and say clockwise from here, wd b a lot simpler for ppl like me, hahaha

Posted by: Saad Zaheer on April 9, 2005

You know we do! grin
'09 all the way...

Posted by: Mike on April 9, 2005

How about this: Anthony is wearing glasses.

Posted by: anonymous on April 9, 2005

question: were those tshirts given out at the athletics fair a caltech prank?

or am i just not smart enough to get them?

(note: they said mit on the front and "because not everyone can go to caltech" on the back)

Posted by: a prefrosh on April 9, 2005

Hey Ben, I just saw the viewbook and it looks awesome!

Hope you're having fun at CPW

<3 David

Posted by: David A. on April 9, 2005

just kidding- i actually looked at the website. they are a prank.

so--- who else is gonna cross out the not? (making it "because everyone can go to caltech")

Posted by: a prefrosh on April 9, 2005

"Prefrosh" - yes, one of many pranks over the last few days from our friends on the west coast. grin Others would include the banner on 77 (which was already "dealt" with) and the baloons in the Lobby 7 dome, not to mention the stickers. I have to give them major props for flying 3000 miles just to mess with CPW.

That said, I cannot WAIT to see what MIT hackers do in return.

(But as an MIT employee I don't think I'm supposed to say that.)

Oh whatever. No doubt the vast majority of my colleagues across campus feel exactly the same way. And we should all just admit it - hacks are awesome and should be celebrated. Really - what would MIT (or Caltech for that matter) be without them?

Posted by: Ben on April 10, 2005

Finally, a war...it's a good time to be a prefrosh...a CALTECH prefrosh...

Posted by: 0 on April 10, 2005

Balloons?! IN THE DOME?! My god, the kids at Caltech are far superior pranksters. HOW DID THEY POSSIBLY THINK OF BALLOONS?!

~Kelly

Posted by: Kelly on April 10, 2005

We can't wait to see what the MIT hackers do in return either, so I think it's perfectly fine for you to admit it, Ben. Oh, and thanks for sending along our message.

Posted by: anonymous on April 10, 2005

The MIT 09 prefrosh are amazingly awesome, but not as awesome as Ben Jones :D

Posted by: Katie on April 10, 2005

Ha. "The Only Institute of Technology" Ha.

Score one for MIT.

Love,
Mike.

Posted by: Michael Borohovski on April 11, 2005

I'll be waiting for MIT to show themselves...

Will there be snow flakes instead of palm trees? :o)

All in the spirit of fun... though Caltech gets bonus points for first blood. :o)

Posted by: Caltech 2009 on April 11, 2005

Yes. Yes we do ROCK! Hee.

Posted by: Laura on April 11, 2005

Aww, that picture is awesome. It's all the cool people I hung out with over the weekend!

Yes, my friend is going to Caltech tomorrow and I expect her and the other prefrosh to be bombarded by hacks, dammit =D

Posted by: Christina on April 13, 2005

omg how am i infamous?!

Posted by: nghi on April 19, 2005

Nghi, how the heck did you already recieve a @mit.edu address? I'm jealous. :p

Later,
Mike.

Posted by: Michael Borohovski on April 20, 2005

Mike - you get one if you do a summer program here, such as RSI. The rest of you will get them late May or beginning of June I believe. grin

Posted by: Ben on April 20, 2005

Ahh. Boo.

[email protected] it is, then :p

Later,
Mike.

Posted by: Michael Borohovski on April 21, 2005