Motivation by Bryan

Finals are FUN!

My grades for the semester so far:

This should keep me motivated for my final tomorrow.

Final Exam 1 of 1
Wednesday December 20, 2006
9 AM to 12 PM
20.430: Fields, Forces, and Flows in Biological Systems
Test Format: 2 Questions, Open Book/Note

Brief Commentary:
So I originally wanted to take the undergrad version of this class, but last semester, it was cancelled, so I was out of luck. So this term, since I knew the graduate version would definitely be offered, I took the class on Jr/Sr P/D/F. So even if I get a C, it will appear as a bright and shiny P. (Now if only I thought that way.) Back to studying.

Followed by: Various End of Term Celebrations *<):^)

Later this Week:
2.009 Presentation Recap

Good luck to those of you applying with exams this week.

14 responses to “Motivation”

1. Bryan says:

The J on the grade sheet means that I’m making justified progress on my thesis which is spread out over two semesters.

2. Whiner says:

Good luckon your final tomorrow! Update us!

3. Whiner says:

Good luck on your final tomorrow! Update us!

You suck.

I just took a 6 hour final that totally kicked my you-know-what. It was in computer science and Borski says it kicked his too, so you know I’m screwed. =P

5. Bryan says:

Love you too, Laura!

6. Sarab says:

Charming. I just love to see two adults at one of the worlds most prestigious univ’s duking it out online…..

7. Alex says:

haha it’s a totally different type of motivation xD

8. Melissa H says:

My last three finals are tomorrow.

Bleh.

AP Gov, AP Eng Lit, AP Span

All three of them on the side of my brain that doesn’t work so well =(

9. chris says:

@Alex M…

Try some USAMO/AIME problems =) You’ll see how they can ask relatively “few” problems and give you “loads” of time to solve it wink

10. Alex M. says:

How hard can these questions be? To have 3 hrs to complete 2 problems with notes must been they are nearly impossible, yet it is hard for me to imagine serious test questions of that difficulty…

Thus far in school, I have found I either know how to do a problem, or I don’t. For example, in AP Calculus, there are only a certain number of type of questions that can be asked. After a while, all optimizations, all related rates, all solids of revolution etc. look exactly the same. If you know how to do one, you can do them all.

I guess I’ll find out just how hard this stuff can be soon enough smile

11. Anno says:

What does the J on the grade sheet stand for?

12. Justin says:

haha USAMO, i remember recently looking at the mathematical hopping frog one, quite boggling

13. Alex M. says:

@Chris

Yes, I have done the AIME for the last few years, but I draw a seperation between math contests and school. I realize that tough problems are out there, but a teacher would never ask me one of those for a test. Many of the AIME and USAMO questions rely on mathematical insight and strategies that are not touched on in class whatsoever.

Here’s a three-problem exam from the 2004 offering of the same class.