Feb 2, 2006

Superbowl

I am currently a bit overwhelmed with work & application reading, but I'll return next week with the next Q&A and other new content.

In the meantime...

Superbowl: discuss.

Who are you pulling for? Who's going to win? And most importantly: who will have the best commercial?

Oh, easily the best commercials to have ever been made are IBM's Cafe Society series of commercials. I'm seriously heartbroken that they're not running anymore. Those commercials definitely ruled.

Superbowl...well, after the Patriots lost, I was pulling for Seattle-Denver, but it looks like that's not going to happen. I honestly don't really care. Maybe Pittsburgh, because their uniform is a tad cooler, all things considered.

Posted by: zoogies on February 2, 2006

STEELERS for the win definitely. It would be awesome for Bettis to finally get a ring. Detroit is his home town and it'd be a nice way to end his career. I've been saying that Seattle is a fraud the whole year, but they keep winning. However, the Steelers are way too hot right now for Seattle. Roethlisberger is playing so well and their defense is like the steel curtain... so I can't see Seattle winning this one.

Posted by: Paradox on February 2, 2006

STEELERS!!!!!!!!!

they've got the D...ben's got the arm. polamolu is insane...

i'm pulling for the steelers and they're winning it

Posted by: 0 on February 2, 2006

oops..that was me

Posted by: April (no longer waiting but defered) on February 2, 2006

Ben!! What are you doing with the Steelers' arm?! Give it back this instant!

wink

Posted by: leftcoast mom on February 2, 2006

Go Steelers! Behind Brett Favre and William Henderson, Bettis has always been my next favorite player. The guy is a class act and he deserves to go out on top. Two straight years taking huge pay cuts to better the team- you just don't see much of that anymore in professional sports.

And you know Budweiser will once again have the best commercials....

Posted by: 0 on February 3, 2006

Steelers! In Pittsburgh, our buses say "Go Steelers!" where the route name is usually displayed, and instead of bells in school, we play the "here we go, steelers" song for the duration of the time between classes.

Posted by: Alexandre on February 3, 2006

Steelers. Midwest > All

Posted by: ChapStick on February 3, 2006

Oh dear. I'm still trying to come to terms with the fact that Pennsylvania is now considered the Midwest.

This entry has reminded me of Linda Richmond, so in her immortal words: "The superbowl is neither super nor a bowl. Discuss."

Posted by: Sam on February 3, 2006

Steelers all the way!!!!! And I also predict that Budweiser will have the best commercials. I saw a really funny one the other day- look for the one with a zebra as a referee... smile

Posted by: Steelers Fan on February 3, 2006

Sam, I would have to disagree with Linda Richmond. The Superbowl is super. In my family, the Superbowl is equivalent to a national holiday. And it is played in a football stadium, which has a bowl-like shape.

Posted by: 0 on February 3, 2006

In response to Sam's comment:

"Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island. Discuss."

Posted by: thekeri on February 3, 2006

Go Seahawks!

Seattle for the win!

Posted by: David on February 3, 2006

Steelers wouldn't even be there if Carson Palmer hadn't been injured on his second play against them (a 60 yard pass, even). Bengals might've been out next round, but they were ready to take Pittsburgh.

Definitely pulling for the Seahawks!

Posted by: 0 on February 4, 2006

Being a browns fan 100%... GO SEAHAWKS (basically DOWN W/ The STEELERS)

Posted by: Zach on February 4, 2006

Steelers are gonna win;just look at that defense, there's no way Alexander is going to do well in that game. The Seahawks haven't seen anything like the Steelers this season.

Anyways I think it'll still be a close game, Steeler 27-24 with the Seahawks missing a last second field goal :(

Posted by: Sam T on February 4, 2006

Josh Brown miss a field goal? No way. (I'm very loyal to the Nebraska players in the NFL, regardless of team.)

Posted by: zoogies on February 4, 2006

Wait, there's a football game? Whoa there, I'm just in this thing for the free pizza.

Posted by: Mollie on February 4, 2006

Go Stillers smile

Posted by: Raksha on February 5, 2006

well the superbowl party is underway at our house...but id like to make a quick bold prediction- first superbowl to go to OT

anyone else find it fitting for john madden to be calling Super Bowl XL?

Posted by: 0 on February 5, 2006

thekeri...nice!

Posted by: chris on February 5, 2006

Anheuser-Busch is airing a minute long commercial thanking American troops. It's not flashy, but it will definitely be the best! Rumor has it, the commercial will only be showing once...I hope I don't miss it!

Posted by: amanda on February 5, 2006

alex

that is awesome...pittsburgh is a cool city..and any school that plays "here we go steelers" is an awesome school ^^

stillers!

3 hrs til kick off

Posted by: 0 on February 5, 2006

yeah, so that was me...sry

Posted by: April (No longer waiting but deffered) on February 5, 2006

I fail to believe that this year's Super Bowl will be better than last years'. Last year was amazing!! Especially the halftime show!!!! And it was in my hometown! (Which meant lots of cool events that normally would never come to Jacksonville)! So this year I'm just watching it for the commercials, 'cause I'm not a huge Rolling Stones fan and the Tampa Bay Bucs aren't in the Bowl.

Posted by: Kelley on February 5, 2006

Yep. Paul McCartney was definitely better than the Rolling Stones!!!!(He actually managed to pack in 4 awesome songs, while the Rolling Stones only played 3 questionable ones...

Posted by: Kelley on February 5, 2006

Steelers won!!! Woo-hoo!

Posted by: Nalin K on February 6, 2006

^yep!

Got $5 out of it (YESSS)

Posted by: 0 on February 6, 2006

I just recently found out that my college counselor has yet to send my Mid-Year report. Is it ok if he faxes the Mid-Year this week?

Posted by: Anonymous on February 6, 2006

Today, the school's music was "we are the champions." I love my school!

Posted by: Alexandre on February 6, 2006

FedEx commercial all the way.

I called my Pittsburgh cousins; none of them could get a word out, and it's not like I could hear anything over the screams of the dozen people they invited over.

Posted by: Gideon on February 7, 2006

Ya, I thought the Fedex commerical was genius. Felt bad for Seattle tho, so many blown opportunities and they really dominated the game at the start.

Posted by: thatolchestnut on February 7, 2006

steelers cheated seahawks clearly should have won

Posted by: blueandgreen on February 7, 2006

The seahawks sucked.

So did the steelers, really, but we won by 11 points, so it's OK to gloat. Half the school was out to go to the reception/parade downtown today. First time any of us have seen Coach Cowher smile (except for the game, of course)

Posted by: Alexandre on February 7, 2006

The Seahawks should have destroyed the Steelers and everyone knows it. How bout those Rolling Stones? They were pretty good.

Posted by: Kenechi on February 9, 2006

Ok, maybe, but Paul McCartney was way better last year!!

Posted by: Kelley on February 10, 2006

i have NEVER seen the chin smile so much

yeah, the steelers weren't great, but neither were the seahawks..no one cheated..

and that gadget play was gorgeous!

paul mccartney was so much better than the rolling stones

i find it amusing that ABC bleeped some of the stones lyrics

*intones* magic fridge magic fridge

Posted by: April (no longer waiting but deferred) on February 10, 2006

Yay! Another person who thought McCartney was better!! (At my school, there don't seem to be many) : )

Posted by: Kelley on February 10, 2006