Superbowl by Ben Jones

Discuss.

I am currently a bit overwhelmed with work & application reading, but I’ll return next week with the next Q&A and other new content.

In the meantime…

Superbowl: discuss.

Who are you pulling for? Who’s going to win? And most importantly: who will have the best commercial?

38 responses to “Superbowl”

1. zoogies says:

Oh, easily the best commercials to have ever been made are IBM’s Cafe Society series of commercials. I’m seriously heartbroken that they’re not running anymore. Those commercials definitely ruled.

Superbowl…well, after the Patriots lost, I was pulling for Seattle-Denver, but it looks like that’s not going to happen. I honestly don’t really care. Maybe Pittsburgh, because their uniform is a tad cooler, all things considered.

2. Paradox says:

STEELERS for the win definitely. It would be awesome for Bettis to finally get a ring. Detroit is his home town and it’d be a nice way to end his career. I’ve been saying that Seattle is a fraud the whole year, but they keep winning. However, the Steelers are way too hot right now for Seattle. Roethlisberger is playing so well and their defense is like the steel curtain… so I can’t see Seattle winning this one.

STEELERS!!!!!!!!!

they’ve got the D…ben’s got the arm. polamolu is insane…

i’m pulling for the steelers and they’re winning it

4. Ben!! What are you doing with the Steelers’ arm?! Give it back this instant!

wink

Go Steelers! Behind Brett Favre and William Henderson, Bettis has always been my next favorite player. The guy is a class act and he deserves to go out on top. Two straight years taking huge pay cuts to better the team- you just don’t see much of that anymore in professional sports.

And you know Budweiser will once again have the best commercials….

6. Alexandre says:

Steelers! In Pittsburgh, our buses say “Go Steelers!” where the route name is usually displayed, and instead of bells in school, we play the “here we go, steelers” song for the duration of the time between classes.

7. ChapStick says:

Steelers. Midwest > All

Oh dear. I’m still trying to come to terms with the fact that Pennsylvania is now considered the Midwest.

This entry has reminded me of Linda Richmond, so in her immortal words: “The superbowl is neither super nor a bowl. Discuss.”

9. Steelers Fan says:

Steelers all the way!!!!! And I also predict that Budweiser will have the best commercials. I saw a really funny one the other day- look for the one with a zebra as a referee… smile

Sam, I would have to disagree with Linda Richmond. The Superbowl is super. In my family, the Superbowl is equivalent to a national holiday. And it is played in a football stadium, which has a bowl-like shape.

In response to Sam’s comment:

“Rhode Island is neither a road nor an island. Discuss.”

12. David says:

Go Seahawks!

Seattle for the win!

Steelers wouldn’t even be there if Carson Palmer hadn’t been injured on his second play against them (a 60 yard pass, even). Bengals might’ve been out next round, but they were ready to take Pittsburgh.

Definitely pulling for the Seahawks!

14. Zach says:

Being a browns fan 100%… GO SEAHAWKS (basically DOWN W/ The STEELERS)

15. Sam T says:

Steelers are gonna win;just look at that defense, there’s no way Alexander is going to do well in that game. The Seahawks haven’t seen anything like the Steelers this season.

Anyways I think it’ll still be a close game, Steeler 27-24 with the Seahawks missing a last second field goal :(

16. zoogies says:

Josh Brown miss a field goal? No way. (I’m very loyal to the Nebraska players in the NFL, regardless of team.)

Wait, there’s a football game? Whoa there, I’m just in this thing for the free pizza.

well the superbowl party is underway at our house…but id like to make a quick bold prediction- first superbowl to go to OT

anyone else find it fitting for john madden to be calling Super Bowl XL?

19. chris says:

thekeri…nice!

20. amanda says:

Anheuser-Busch is airing a minute long commercial thanking American troops. It’s not flashy, but it will definitely be the best! Rumor has it, the commercial will only be showing once…I hope I don’t miss it!

alex

that is awesome…pittsburgh is a cool city..and any school that plays “here we go steelers” is an awesome school ^^

stillers!

3 hrs til kick off

22. Kelley says:

I fail to believe that this year’s Super Bowl will be better than last years’. Last year was amazing!! Especially the halftime show!!!! And it was in my hometown! (Which meant lots of cool events that normally would never come to Jacksonville)! So this year I’m just watching it for the commercials, ’cause I’m not a huge Rolling Stones fan and the Tampa Bay Bucs aren’t in the Bowl.

23. Kelley says:

Yep. Paul McCartney was definitely better than the Rolling Stones!!!!(He actually managed to pack in 4 awesome songs, while the Rolling Stones only played 3 questionable ones…

24. Nalin K says:

Steelers won!!! Woo-hoo!

^yep!

Got $5 out of it (YESSS)

I just recently found out that my college counselor has yet to send my Mid-Year report. Is it ok if he faxes the Mid-Year this week?

27. Alexandre says:

Today, the school’s music was “we are the champions.” I love my school!

28. Gideon says:

FedEx commercial all the way.

I called my Pittsburgh cousins; none of them could get a word out, and it’s not like I could hear anything over the screams of the dozen people they invited over.

29. blueandgreen says:

steelers cheated seahawks clearly should have won

30. Ya, I thought the Fedex commerical was genius. Felt bad for Seattle tho, so many blown opportunities and they really dominated the game at the start.

31. Alexandre says:

The seahawks sucked.

So did the steelers, really, but we won by 11 points, so it’s OK to gloat. Half the school was out to go to the reception/parade downtown today. First time any of us have seen Coach Cowher smile (except for the game, of course)

32. Kelley says:

Ok, maybe, but Paul McCartney was way better last year!!

33. Kenechi says:

The Seahawks should have destroyed the Steelers and everyone knows it. How bout those Rolling Stones? They were pretty good.

34. i have NEVER seen the chin smile so much

yeah, the steelers weren’t great, but neither were the seahawks..no one cheated..

and that gadget play was gorgeous!

paul mccartney was so much better than the rolling stones

i find it amusing that ABC bleeped some of the stones lyrics

*intones* magic fridge magic fridge

35. Kelley says:

Yay! Another person who thought McCartney was better!! (At my school, there don’t seem to be many) : )