MIT student blogger Jess K. '10

Traditions by Jess K. '10

What's the point of going through the motions if not for tradition?

20 responses to “Traditions”

1. Camilla says:

yaaaay firsttttt smile
    greaaat post JESS :D

2. Hahaha, this looks awesome!

3. Elias ('14?) says:

Ah – that does indeed look epic. Do you guys hang out together [as a floor/unit/grouping/thingie] for many holidays?

4. makesense says:

I love the picture-posts you’ve been creating!
    So most students don’t head home for Thanksgiving?

5. Su says:

I lol’d at the Ash Ketchum costume and I ROFL’d at the stick figure costumes!! smile

@Elias, @makesense: Yep, we pretty much have a celebration for every in-school holiday. The Thanksgiving potluck was held before everyone left for break – most people do head home for T-givs – though I know there were still a good amount of people who stayed at MIT over the break. Typically, just about everyone goes home for winter break, though.

7. phox '13 says:

B1 is by far the best place to live at mit

@makesense
    Our holiday parties are usually held the weekend before the actual party so that everyone can participate before they head home. Idk the campuswide numbers but if you decide to stay home for a holliday you definately won’t be alone.

hahhahahaha, sim1. hahaha.

i lovee youu jk!!

p.s. Burton1 is actually as amazing as it seems :D

Burton-Conner looks awesome. I would definitely apply there if I got in.

10. navin says:

awesome pics

11. navin says:

question:
    do i need to send in my application materials to the following address:
    admissions office • 77 mass ave, 3-108 • cambridge, ma 02139 • tel 617.253.3400
    I am an international applicant and i am talking about evaluations and school report
    Thank you

12. Beverly says:

Way too funny :D :D :D

13. Nate '14? says:

amazing photos!!! wonder what I’ll dress up as next year? lol

I went to pika on the Sunday before Thanksgiving for their huge feast. Floor Pi (East Campus, Third West) had our own Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving Day with about 20 people – we also celebrate Festivus (google it) over IAP. From big biyearly retreats or traditional gaming showdowns between halls to small hall feeds or nightly cocoa, you’ll find awesome tradition all around MIT :D

15. D says:

Yes you do Navin.

16. Caio '14? says:

Food, food, food, food, food… Is there any gastronomy class on MIT? hahaha

17. anony-moose says:

we want more allin!

18. Dear Jess,
    While I was sleeping blissfully after devouring an entire cow for Thanksgiving, you and your sister and mother and my mother were doing productive things at the gym. While I do not regret the aforementioned sleep, I am sad I did not get to see you. This being said, I am sitting in the law library ogling at law students and trying to study for finals. Having exhausted every possible method of procrastination (facebook, fmylife, textsfromlastnight, postsecret, multiple gmail accounts, gchat, AIM, skype, bathroom breaks, people watching…which by the way gets really boring when they’re just reading quietly…law students read a lot apparently), I thought that I would make one last ditch effort to visit your blog, which I have neglected for a couple years. Anyway, I just wanted to say that yesterday I was having one of those “whatamIdoingwithmylifeandwhyamIhere” days, and your post was great… and you’re great. Glad to hear that I’m not the only one, and hopefully we can reune soon. I’m not sure whether my comment has exceeded the length limit, but now that I’ve thoroughly wasted about an hour and a half I should probably start learning about engines and stuff. Whatever. Much love from California.
    (later edit: I tried to post this on your post about lives and stuff from early Oct. but it wouldn’t let me…fail)

19. t says:

interesting smile

20. D says:

Cool pics! Equally cool outfits!