MIT student blogger Chris M. '12

ZOMG CPW and other acronyms by Chris M. '12

C.Y.G.W.T.S.F? I.F.C,I.B.Y.C!

HOLY COW GUYS! CPW IS ALMOST HERE (42 minutes as of right now) You know what that means right? RIGHT? That’s right, it means you guys will be setting foot on campus, many of you for the first time, to experience what a little bit of MIT is like. Can’t sleep? Curious about what to expect? You can read some guest entries (including mine!) from the current freshmen class about CPW last year to give you an idea of how things will go down. One thing you should know for sure is that the much acclaimed weather machine is up and running in order to give you all some of the best weather we’ve had all year. Seriously, if you haven’t looked at the forecast, it’s wonderful. Friday especially. Now you might hear some muggles doubt the power of the weather machine, but I assure you it’s real! How does it work? Magic! Like a lot of things here.

So what events should you do? That totally depends on what you like and what events are happening this year, but I will tell you some of my favorites from last year. They include:

Bouncy Ball Drop
Liquid Nitrogen Ice Cream
Meet The Bloggers (duh)
Welcome Festival
ADP Foam Party
Zombie Movies
…and more!

seriously guys, I’m excited for you all, it’s going to be such an awesome weekend, enjoy it!

20 responses to “ZOMG CPW and other acronyms”

1. cristen says:

so, in regards to the “and other acronyms” part, did you know about the hack? ^_-

http://pa.photoshelter.com/c/ericschmiedl/gallery/MIT-CPW-09-Acronym-Signs-Hack-Photos/G0000qicYOW1qiUs/

My guess had been

C.Y.G.W.T.S.F? I.F.C,I.B.Y.C!

Can you get what this stands for?

Interfraternity Council, I bet you can.

Can you guess what this stands for? . . . . I bet you can!

Can’t figure out the middle part.

4. Ahmed says:

So many inappropriate possibilities…

Can you guess what this stands for? INCOMING FRESHMAN CLASS, I bet you can!

Obviously. smile

6. Rediet '13 says:

Ahhhhh, I wish I could come, but you guys are going to blog about some of the events aren’t you?

Oh and third

I. F. C. = if freshmen can? Unsure about freshmen…

CPW is going to be amazing smile

8. Marcie says:

AARGH! I wish I could be there!! Unfortunately I am stuck studying for my IB exams 3000 miles away!

if freshman can, ill buy you candy?

10. Chris M. says:

OMG you guys are crazy close! I didn’t expect anyone to actually have any idea. I’m impressed. (and true to my word, if that helps) I’ll let you know who gets it first

IFC= if fairly close, I’ll buy you candy.

Haha.

it’s fairly challenging.

13. Chris M. says:

wow! Laura got it! If you enjoyed this though, you guys should do mystery hunt.

14. comboy says:

i can see how being hosed look like

vous avez laire vraiment tres hosed

after some internet serach, above query alters to

vous avez l’air vraiment tres hosed

15. comboy says:

ZOMG CPW

swap operation…ouch

ZWMG COW

blur it….stretching my eyes

2VVMG COW

to wakeup vertically, muggle cow guys

CPW is the art of sleeping vertically and rewake with the same method.

vertical nap: refer to Yan
    blur:Blurry Stu refer to guest entry
    muggle: refer, wait it’s from current blog entry- the Chris one, not the Matt one

16. Latifah '12 says:

@Marcie

I was doing exactly that this time last year too. lol.

17. Ashley says:

Howdy howdy! Isn’t that how all Texans talk? XD

Just wanted to let you know that I’ve got a new blog (still doing LJ, but this is more dedicated): Shelf Life. And you’re on my blogroll, yay!

18. Mikey says:

Haha, my guess was going to be “Can you guess what this stands for? If you can, I’ll buy you Coke!”

Can I get a Coke?

19. Mikey says:

That is what you Texans call it, right? raspberry

20. Chris M. says:

@Mikey

It took me a while to realize what you meant by “That’s what you Texans call it right?” but yes, “Coke” can refer to any soda beverage. As long as you don’t call it “pop”.