The following components should be submitted online:
- Transfer Application: The application for spring (February) entry is due October 15. The application for fall (September) entry is due March 15. If you are a citizen of a foreign country, you may apply for fall entry only.
- Transcripts: Copies of all of your secondary/high school, college, and university transcripts should be uploaded within the MIT transfer application.
- Two letters of recommendation: We recommend that one evaluation come from a math or science professor and the other come from any academic professor who knows you well.
- Standardized tests: SAT or ACT. Spring entry applicants must take a test by the October test date, and fall entry applicants must take a test by the March test date.
- School Official Report: To be completed by your advisor, school registrar, or another school official.
- Application fee of $75: If paying the fee presents a hardship for you and your family, you may request a fee waiver.
Remaining documents should be mailed to:
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Office of Undergraduate Admissions
77 Massachusetts Avenue, Room E38-200
Cambridge, MA 02139
Materials may also be emailed to [email protected] or faxed to 617.687.9174. Be sure to include your name, date of birth, and application reference number, which is located on the right-hand side of the application portal.