Transfer applicants do not use MyMIT; instead, they have a custom application that can be used to submit their personal information, essays, activities, grades, and many materials, while some official documents must be mailed or faxed.
The following components should be submitted online:
- 2020 Transfer Application: The application for transfer admissions is now available. The application for spring (February) entry is due November 15. The application for fall (September) entry is due March 15. (If you are a citizen of a foreign country, you may apply for fall entry only.)
- Three letters of recommendation: One from a math or science professor and two from any professors who know you well.
- Application fee of $75. If paying the fee presents a hardship for you and your family, you may request a fee waiver.
The remaining documents should be mailed to:
MIT Transfer Admission Processing Center
PO Box 375
Randolph, MA 02368
Materials may also be faxed to 617.687.9174.
- Official college transcript(s) in a sealed envelope. If you are admitted, a final transcript covering subjects subsequently taken should be sent as soon as it is available. If you attended more than one college or university, you would need to send in transcripts from each college attended.
- High school transcript/secondary school record in a sealed envelope.