MIT student blogger Ben O. '19

A Year away from home by Ben O. '19

An intro video rant to my time in China

Hey Guys 新年快乐!!!! Happy Lunar New Year!!!

I finally made it around to making this video about my time in China. If you can’t tell, I decided to do this video in Chinese so please forgive me for the countless mistakes I make… I still have so much practice I need to do.

I spent a good amount of time trying to figure out what was the best way to make this video, and settled on doing it in Chinese and writing English subtitles (I have a new respect for people that write translated subtitles… people say sooo many words lol). However, this video is very much just an intro, going over things like first impressions, my day to day schedule, and things like that. I want to do at least two to three more posts going into more detail about my time abroad, some will be videos and some more standard posts depending on the subject. As of right now I have two big posts I want to make, “being black in china” and “my globalization experience in China.” However, I do want to go into detail about things you might be curious about. So, if you do have anything you would like me to write about in specific please tell me so I can make a post about it or at the very least answer some questions in the comments lol.

With that said please enjoy this video that took me wayyyy to long to translate!!!

P.S. I think you have to turn subtitles on, so just click the CC and just click English.