All Over Again by Bryan

Applying to college all over again.

Four years ago, I started to apply to colleges.

Four years later, I’m at it again. :-o

When I was a young one in kindergarten, I thought the natural progression of life events was school followed by college followed by the picket fence and little “Bryan’s” running around.

Right now, I’m 20 years old, and that couldn’t be any farther than from what I want.

I want more school?

Yes.

Why you might ask?

In my opinion, I’ve just started to get exposed to interesting topics in bioengineering that I’d like continue investigating. Getting my bearings straight by starting with mechanical engineering and now going on to PhD programs in bioengineering has been a good idea for me because I can take what I’ve learned and then apply it to biological systems.

It will be a love/hate relationship when I begin to write my applications; I will enjoy being able to write my personal statement and explain why I want to explore deeper questions in science, but it will also be a little scary to give the next 5 to 6 years of my life to answering a question that might just be one piece in a larger puzzle.

So as many of you begin to apply to college and worry and fret and take tests, I’ll be in the same boat as you almost.

I’ll be taking the tests, but there’s no need to worry or fret. When I applied to MIT, I sent the application and then got a response a few months later. I plan on doing the same with grad school apps; I’m going to put my all into writing the applications, but then just allow life to run it’s course, and hope to get lucky in the end.

Let the games begin.

6 responses to “All Over Again”

1. Nur says:

O.o…..umm…grad schools???

Hey, let me know if you want a whole stack of GRE books — I think I have Barron’s, Kaplan, Princeton Review, and something else.

Adam’s taking the GRE on Aug 18, but if you want them after that, they’re all yours.

Grad school seems almost terrifying when you haven’t even started college yet.

4. lipitor says:

You have many friends that post in your guestbook – it is cool!

http://xanax15.pisem.net/

“Little Bryans”?? How scary. wink

Good luck!!!

6. shopping says:

Hello nice page and it downloads very fast, enjoyed it very much, take care.