MIT student blogger Bryan O. '07

BEST WEEK OF 2007 by Bryan

...a self-rewarded happiness.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

So so sorry that I haven’t blogged in a while. Life, we’ll say has been a little exciting lately, and by a little I mean a ton.

I was invited to interview for my PhD at my top two choice schools!!!

Needless to say, I did a happy dance. Still dancing. Don’t know when I’ll stop.

It’s a different kind of excitement than when I got into MIT for undergrad. I knew I was going to get into college somewhere, but with my PhD application, I felt as though there were so many other factors that the admissions committees would be looking at. And generally, the programs that I’m applying to accept around thirty to forty people a year. So that’s a lot less than what MIT accepts for undergrad. So anyhoo, this is just the first hurdle. I still have to do well in my interviews before I’m accepted, but it’s nice to have made the first step. I’ll keep you all updated as time progresses.

19 responses to “BEST WEEK OF 2007”

1. Jess says:

Go Bryan.. it’s your birthday!

2. Kiran says:

I second that! go brian…

so whr’d u apply?

3. Daniel says:

Congratulations!!!

4. bhushan says:

HAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapy
    Birthday

5. milena says:

hey Bryan congratsss!!! That must feel amazing!

6. Grant says:

Wow, congrats! That’s awesome! Let us know how everything goes, in the coming months/weeks!

7. Monika says:

Congrats too!!

8. Congratulations! I hope the interviews go well. Mine (for the MIT freshman application) didn’t go as well as I had hoped…
    I accidentally showed up two hours early (despite double-checking the appointment time!), waited about an hour for the interviewer to show up, then finally left. When I got home, I checked the email again, and realized that that little bent line stood for “seven”, not “five”. I jumped back in the car, and realized that the fuel gauage was resting on the peg on the “empty” end. Luckily, I found about a gallon of gasoline in a can in the garage, and this was just enough to make it there and back again. When I finally reached the designated coffee shop again, having now dealt with highway and downtown traffic three times in a row, my nerves were shot. I don’t remember much of the interview, but hopefully it went reasonably well…
    Here’s wishing you a level head and a full tank of gas on your interview day(s)!

9. Eww, excuse the misspelling of “gauge”. As we’ve learned, double-checking seems to do me very little good… :-D

10. Guyomar says:

I’m happy that you’re happy.

11. Adam S. says:

Congratulations! Good luck with your interview! Let us know how it goes; we’re rooting for you!

12. Keri says:

YAYYYYYYYYYY

Bryan=t3h awesome.

You’ll do great in your interviews. But you know that already, right? ^_^

13. Atul says:

Hey! Congratulations! I’m sure the interviews will go off well!

Do tell us which univ you’ll be attending once you get in!

14. Minh says:

YAY! Congrats, Bryan!

15. Solomon says:

Way to go Brian. I am sure you will get accepted to any school you want. MIT students are the best in the world.

16. which are those two universities of your choice

17. Arkajit says:

Congratulations! Good Luck with your interviews.