April 2021: Although our campus is closed to visitors, you don’t have to travel to 🌈 Cambridge to get a feel for MIT. Sign up today for an 🔮 online session or student-led tour.

Branching out by Matt McGann '00

With two Central Meetings down and two to go in the Bay Area, I’m much busier than I thought I’d be: behind on email, behind on blogging, and I completely missed the presidential debate. D’oh!

Tomorrow night, with no Central Meetings to do, I’ll get to catch up with some friends and also celebrate Sukkot (yes, I know I’m not Jewish, but not being Indian won’t stop me from enjoying Veer Zaara this Diwali either). We’ll be building a mini-Sukkah (MIT’s is currently up on Kresge Oval, thanks to Hillel), and I’m responsible for bringing some nice sturdy branches. What am I going to do? Steal it from a high school?

Saturday afternoon should be my largest meeting of the year. My best estimate is that we’ll have 400 people in Monta Vista High School’s auditorium in Cupertino, CA — it should be great, since I really feed off of the energy of large crowds. If you’re in the South Bay, I look forward to seeing you there!