Don’t Miss the Battle of the Bands by Melis A. '08

Watch Ben Jones's band, Tremulant, perform with Marilee Jones at Battle of the Bands this Saturday!

What: Battle of the Bands
When: Saturday of CPW (April 8th). Doors open at 7:30 PM, show starts at 8:00 PM
Where: Lobdell Food Court, 2nd Floor of the Student Center
Who: YOU!

Battle of the Bands will be a rockin’ good time… don’t miss it! If you like rock, punk, reggae, ska, funk (basically, if you like music), you will love these bands. They are really amazing… guaranteed to blow your mind or your money back (ok, the part about the refund is a lie, but the rest of it is all true.)

There will be 10 bands, including MIT students, Berklee students, AND *drum roll* Ben Jones’ band, Tremulant, featuring Dean of Admissions Marilee Jones (check out the picture of Ben rocking–>)! Come and see how incredibly talent the admissions folks and students really are.

Here’s the lineup of the bands competing for the crown (Tremulant & Marilee Jones aren’t in the competition; they will be performing purely for our hearing/viewing pleasure):
1. Color and Talea (www.colorandtalea.com)
2. High Voltage Research Lab
3. Medicated Kisses (www.medicatedkisses.com)
4. Panic Kills Octo (www.myspace.com/panickillsocto)
5. Polski FIAT (www.polskifiat.net)
6. One-Eyed Stanley (www.oneeyedstanley.com)
7. Spiritual Rez (www.spiritualrez.com)
8. Sweetfist (www.sweetfist.com)
9. Upper Hand (www.upperhandnj.com)

Admission is $3 for prefrosh ($6 for MIT students) and proceeds support the Children’s Hospital of Boston. That’s right, for $3 you help little kids, listen to awesome music, get free Anna’s Taqueria burritos, Ben & Jerry’s ice cream, and see a demo by Harmonix, the creators of the PS2 game Guitar Hero; they happen to be MIT alums, and they’ll be on hand running a demo and giving away copies of the game and t-shirts.

Check out the sites and predict a winner! I’ll think long and hard and make my prediction as well.

4 responses to “Don’t Miss the Battle of the Bands”

Heee, thanks for the plug Melis! grin

2. Minh says:

Sweeeeet. That sounds cool, can we go??

3. Melis says:

Yes!!! We’re definitely going =) And it’s going to be awesome!

you guys look really good but are u