MIT student blogger Hamsika C. '13

Happiness by Hamsika C. '13

...can now be found on a website smile

The weather has been fluctuating lately – as has my mood. There are some days I literally bounce out of bed and others where I wish a thousand times that I could sleep just a little bit longer.

Sad. Thrilled. Discouraged. Grateful. Angry. Glad. These are all words that at some point or another these past few weeks (and for that matter, during my entire life, haha) could have been used to describe me.

Thanks to one of my friends, Christina ’10 – an MIT alum and a fellow Camp Kesem (more on Camp Kesem in an entry coming soon!) counselor – I’ve had a chance to spend a little more time on the positive side of the emotional spectrum. She recently created a website called Project Happy Memory, which you can check out here. It gives people all over the world a chance to submit stories about happy moments they’ve experienced in their life. There aren’t that many posts at the moment, since the website was launched just two days ago. But Christina told me today that there are thousands of views – which I fully believe since I myself have visited the site quite a few times =P

I wanted to share this site with you for a few reasons:

(1) Christina said I could! Yayy.

(2) I know many of you are at the point in your school year where the amount of work seems unending and the end of the semester always appears just a little too far away. Spare a few moments, check out Project Happy Memory, get your good spirit and energy back, take a deep breath – then plunge back into your work. It’s worked well so far for me :)

and, lastly

(3) I feel like Christina’s site is a pretty good representation of how MIT works: people here come up with ideas, they implement them, and they share them with others. They ask for thoughts, advice, suggestions, and help. They realize that they can’t do things alone, that they need to rely on others, and that optimism, while hard to maintain at times, is the one thing that absolutely must be preserved.

There are soo many things that make me happy right now: friends, family, lab, etc. I haven’t had the time to write anything up for the Project Happy Memory site – but I will soon.

And you should too :)

Enjoy the site!

p.s. Here’s the link to the Twitter for Project Happy Memory.

5 responses to “Happiness”

1. Hey Hamsika, i’ve checked it out. It’s cool & i might just add my story there. smile

Hamsika, you are the greatest! Thanks so much!!

Everyone: I really hope you’ll submit a story! My happiest memory was getting into MIT. smile

3. Thank you to everyone who contributed. The information here is correct and humane usewould be beneficial to everyone. Language, religion, race, nation, without distinction of love, respect, I wish to live in a world of brotherhood and peace. (emeği geçen herkese teşekkürler. buradaki bilgiler doğru olduğunda ve insancıl kullanıldığında herkes için yararlı olacaktır. Dil,din,ırk,millet ayrımı yapmadan sevgi , saygı , kardeşlik ve barış dolu bir dünyada yaşamamız dileklerimi sunuyorum)

4. anoop mishra says:

THIS WAS A WONDERFUL MOMENT IN YOUR LIFE MISS. I’VE GONE THROUGH IT IT WAS QUITE COOL AND NICE. SISTER,CAN YOU TELL ME HOW TO TAKE ADMISSION IN MIT AEROSPACE UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMME,PLZ!.I’M 10+2 PASSED STUDENT.PLZ SEND ME THE MAIL IF YOU FIND THIS MESSAGE PLZZZZZZZZZ!