MIT blogger CJ Q. '23

Happy Homestuck Day! by CJ Q. '23

and advice about college decisions / cpw

This is your reminder that your reason for choosing a college doesn’t have to be deep or profound or whatever. Vibes are important. It’s 100% acceptable to choose based on whether people recognize your Homestuck jacket:

MIT had a subculture that was unabashedly nerdy, something I closely identify with. No one at U recognized the Homestuck jacket that I wore throughout the entire weekend I was there, yet two people pointed it out the one night I was at MIT.

This is relevant because today is both CPW, MIT’s admitted student weekend, and Homestuck Day, 4/13. Check out the new Homestuck reader’s guide if you don’t know what Homestuck is.

April 13 is special for me because it’s Homestuck Day, and Homestuck is one of the reasons I chose MIT. I’m celebrating by wearing a Homestuck shirt. If you see me, say hi, because I would like to talk about Homestuck.

If you’re here for CPW, maybe something that happens today will be part of the reason you’ll choose MIT. Maybe it’ll be a sudden moment of realization. Maybe it’ll be something silly like maids with cat ears, or trash bins painted blue, or glow-in-the-dark frisbees. Then maybe April 13 will be special for you, too, for being one of the reasons you choose MIT.