MIT student blogger Bryan O. '07

Life as a Talent Scout by Bryan

I could be the next Randy Jackson.

Move over Paula, Randy, and Simon.

You’ve got competition.

So last week, in preparation for a CPW event that my fraternity hosts every year, Battle of the Bands, I went to check out a potential band for the competition.

So on the way there, I stopped at Burger King on the way and tried the Cheesy Tots.

I don’t even want to know how many years of my life I scraped off with that one.

I soon arrived at Harper’s Ferry to a packed room of about 15 people, 5 of which were staff.

Verdict: We’ll see about them.

For your historical pleasure:

Last year, Ben Jones and his band performed with guest performer Marilee Jones. What surprises are in store for Battle of the Bands 2007? I guess you’ll have to wait and see ;-)

In other concert news….

….well, it’s not really news if it happened a while ago, right?

At a senior class event last semester, three of my friends and I won tickets to go to the Justin Timberlake concert. They were free, and I couldn’t say no.

So we went.

And we had fun.

I just recovered my hearing from the girls who were screaming in the row behind me.

Go ‘head and be gone with it.

13 responses to “Life as a Talent Scout”

1. Utkarsh says:

First post! Yeah!! MIT ROCKS.
    I didn’t knew – Ben has a band.

2. Solomon says:

I don’t really think Ben has a band, it is just a group of admissions gurus.

3. Dale says:

I get a pain in my left arm just looking at those cheesy tots, I can smell the triglycerides.

Hay,isnt Marilee Jones the dean of MIT admissions?

5. Bryan says:

Anonymous,

That would be correct.

– Bryan

6. Ben says:

I am indeed in a band. And I believe we’ll be performing again at this year’s CPW… with Marilee!

7. Josh V says:

“I get a pain in my left arm just looking at those cheesy tots, I can smell the triglycerides.”

HAHHAH.

8. Monika says:

how cool! You really seem to enjoy it!

9. Joan says:

That reminds me, Justin Timberlake will be here in N.O. tonight and everyone is trying to get tickets.

10. Kristina says:

Haha. That’s great! Its not everyday you see the dean of admissions partying it out with a band.

Hey Bryan, guess what! I was flipping through an MIT brochure from a couple of years ago, and I saw some guy smiling. I thought “Hey, he looks familiar, what’s his name?” Turns out there’s a page long bio/story about Bryan Owens, Sophomore, Mechanical Engineer from Houston Texas. Fancy that, you’re famous! Lol, I like surprises like these.

Here’s a digital photo of the page. The words are pretty blurred, but you can see the picture and read the caption. It’s our buddy Bryan O!

http://jzzsxm.googlepages.com/BryanO.JPG

12. Monica says:

that’s so awesome!! =)

13. Kristin '11 says:

JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE YESSS
    That dude cuh-racks me up.