Hi! I’m Katie Kelley, one of the Admissions Counselors here at MIT, and now that I have emerged from my first season of reading MIT Applications its time to start meeting you all! Kim was kind enough to let me guest post on her blog to let you know about some exciting opportunities for Admitted Students. Although a lot of my time is spent preparing for Campus Preview Weekend (sign up now!) I’ve been working with our fantastic Alumni to put together Admitted Student Gatherings to welcome you. Beginning Saturday MIT alumni from around the world will host parties in their hometowns for students admitted to the Class of 2015. If there’s one in your area, you should check it out — it’s a great opportunity to meet some potential future classmates, as well as MIT students and alumni.
Here are a few highlighted events this coming week; see your MyMIT portal for the locations and times for these events, and for a list of all of the events.
• Stop by Fairfield, CT, the headquarters of engineering giant GE and spend a bit of the afternoon in the home of a wonderful MIT Alum.
• Enjoy a sunny Sunday afternoon picnic with the MIT Club of Central Florida.
• Join the MIT Club of Colorado, the MIT Alumni Association and MIT President Susan Hockfield for a night of celebration at Red Rocks.
• Swinging through the Big Apple? Stop by one of our biggest Admitted Student Meetings on the East Coast.
• Calling all Canadians! Live near Toronto? Stop by!
• Attend the first meeting held in the Rose City (Portland) in at least 5 years and meet some fellow Oregonians.
• Come hear MIT Professor David Parks speak in Providence, RI
• Mingle with the enthusiastic alumni of the Volunteer State in Memphis.
• Head up near Iowa State University in Ames and hear about life in Boston from an MIT Alum and MIT ’15 Parent.
• Hang out at Prestolite Electric Incorporated with MIT admits, students and alums from around the Great Lakes region.
• Watch the MIT Chorallaries perform in San Francisco.
• Attend one of the three events happening across China at 12:30pm.
• Gather with all the MIT locals from the Bay State.
• Stop by the home of a Kansas City MIT Alum for a lovely Sunday afternoon.
Be sure to check the listing on your MyMIT account for the most up to date information and RSVP if requested.
There is a whole MIT community that cannot wait to meet you. Congratulations and welcome!