Q & A by Bryan

Answers to questions on being in a fraternity.

In response to my latest entry on being in a fraternity:

Leo asked:

1. How large are the individual rooms in a frat house(or in your case)?
2. Is it a expensive activity to pursue?

My response:

1. While I can’t honestly say I’ve been to every house, I’ve been to several, and the rooms are pretty large. Some FSILGs have anywhere from singles to quints, but normally everyone has ample space to live and enjoy. For example, my current room has 3 couches, 3 mini fridges, a 26″ TV, and then some.

2. While this is speaking from personal experience, I think living in a fraternity is on par if not a little less expensive than living in a dorm.

Anonymous asked:

If I get financial aid from MIT, is there any way I can get some for the greek societies as well?

My response:

I don’t know. I would ask Moneyman.

Anonymous (2) asked:

mit is a pretty hard and rigorous school, right? do u even have time for fraternity life? do they schedule their agenda around academics? i estimate that it is all about time management….

My response:

MIT is a pretty hard and rigorous school, but I find that you can make time for fraternity life still. I don’t really see it as a requirement but something that I enjoy doing. I’ve also found that being in a fraternity gives you access to a lot of upperclassmen who can help you with your classes, etc. Yes, a lot of it is all about time management.

Feel free to keep asking questions, and I’ll answer as I get them.

4 responses to “Q & A”

2. Bryan says:

anonymous, see above.