Ring delivery! by Melis A. '08

Saturday night was Ring Delivery!

Here is my delayed entry on Ring Delivery!!! (To learn about the ring, check out a previous entry). It was held at the Boston Public Library, which I had never been to before. Here are some pictures:

As you can see from the pictures, it was a beautiful venue which I had never been to before. So, we arrived at 7 pm and immediately got into line to receive our rings! Most people ordered two rings, one gold and one Celestrium (which is a non-precious metal that’s really durable.) The gold ring is used for more special occassions like interviews or weddings (just kidding about that one…sort of.) Actually, receiving my ring made me feel like my marriage to MIT was formalized. Sounds lame…but it’s true. My name is even engraved on the inside, in cursive! So, in the picture below, I put on my rings, along with those of my friends, Anna, Shaye, and Boris. That’s $2,000 right there…*bling bling*

After receiving our *stunning* rings, we had dinner in an adjacent room. There were a bunch of stations serving different food, one of which served mashed potatoes in martini glasses. I thought it was ice cream for about an hour and wondered why people gave us strange looks when we asked them where the ice cream was.

And here are more pictures…

Gwen, Boris, Shaye, Anna, Ola, and I show off our rings while loitering near the potato bar and listening to the band:

Here, Albert and Olivia climbed the lions guarding the library:

Albert, Anna, and Juan imitate the angels:

And afterwards, we went to the Top of the Hub (the 52nd floor of the Prudential Center, Boston’s tallest building) for some warm cookies and tea. Though it had rained, it was clear enough to get some great views!

4 responses to “Ring delivery!”

1. Bryan says:

That’s a lot of bling.

2. jason says:

is that the beautiful Melis in the last picture?

3. anonnymouse says:

Wow, bling bling bling bling, were those all yours. I didn’t think so. Wow, those angel imitations are just FABULOUS! Haha, hope you had a good time!