The Early Action deadline is almost here by Kris Guay
The only thing scarier than October 31st is Nov 1st (just kidding, no need to panic)
*Update as of 2015: Early action is available to both domestic and international students.
Tomorrow night is the deadline for Early Action. Here are some things we want you to know:
Early Action applications should be submitted by 11:
59pmEastern Time on November 1. (There is a small amount of grace period for students having trouble submitting their Parts 1 and 2.)
- Your school/teachers may submit their materials after the deadline. We are much more flexible and understanding with teachers and schools. Your recommendations do not need to be in our office by November 1. They can arrive and be processed well after this date and you will still be fine.
- Please allow five days for the processing of all submitted materials. Items are not posted directly to your MyMIT account from Naviance or the ApplyWithUs site. Materials requested through ApplyWithUs but sent to MIT through Naviance, fax or mail will not appear as submitted on the ApplyWithUs site. Check your MyMIT account to follow the progress of your application and please allow five days for processing of all materials at this busy time.
- If you need to switch from EA to RA, write to [email protected] from the email address on your MyMIT account. Don’t forget to provide your name and MIT ID, stating clearly that you wish to change from EA to RA.
- Financial Aid is a different office, fax number, and email. We realize their fax machine is busy today – please try over the weekend or next week. Late receipt of financial aid materials will not have any effect at all on your QB or EA application.
- We do not accept email docs – items must be faxed, mailed, or submitted through Naviance or ApplyWithUS.
- We will wait for October and November test results. Please do not rush reports.
Most of all, try not to get too stressed out! Go out with your friends. Give out candy to cute trick-or-treaters at your front door. Watch a scary movie.
We won’t be answering the phone over the weekend, but a few of us will check this blog post and we’ll try to help answer questions if we haven’t answered them already. Please hold off on asking RA questions right now, there’s plenty of time for that still.