Your Name in Flashing Lights by Bryan

Or maybe just mitadmissions.org

Did you ever try to call in for radio shows? Ever want your five minutes of fame? Well here’s your chance to be a blogger.

Last year, I piloted an effort to capture CPW through the eyes of a prefrosh, and this year, the bloggers are inviting YOU to join us as guest bloggers.

This will be a great opportunity to share your CPW experiences as well as audition for those coveted blogger spots that will be open next fall!

We’d love to share as many of your stories as possible because you’ll experience the MIT lifestyle firsthand. There will be too many things to do at any one time and you will have to make choices, so the probability that you and anyone else will have a similar experience is 1 in a bajillion.

If you’d like to write an entry, just email the Paul, Snively, and myself at snively [at] mit [dot] edu — ask-paul [at] mit [dot] edu — bryanblogs [at] mit [dot] edu and we can discuss.

Basic blog guidelines:

– Attend CPW
– Visuals are a plus – pictures AND video
– Keep it rated PG13 (my younger brothers are reading this)
– Balance – try to highlight the facts as well as your own experience and thoughts
– Fun, energy, and voice – we want to hear you and hear what CPW is like for you and the friends you meet along the way
– Timeliness – we don’t want to post CPW entries in July — just saying

I think that’s all — hopefully, we’ll hear from you soon!

See you in 9 days!

CPW is a blast — tips for conquering CPW coming Thursday.

12 responses to “Your Name in Flashing Lights”

1. Tamara says:

CPW is SO soon – can’t wait!

And FIRST! (Sorry Snively, I’m not immune… especially if you warn me about it)

2. keshav p says:

im away from my comp for 5 mins and this is what happens?

3. Tamara says:

I fail… and now I remember why I hated FIRST POSTS so much in the first place…

Hm, this sounds interesting. I have to check on my digital camera – it’s been having issues – but since I probably would have blogged about it anyway, I may take you up on this.

*wanders away to think about CPW blogging*

5. karen says:

wait. cpw is in NINE days?

shoot.

6. Yuzhi '12 says:

I wanna do it!!! I’ll see if I have time! Can we email you guys AFTER CPW and after we wrote the post already?

7. Lauren says:

Oh man! CPW Blogging sounds really fun!!! But I doubt I’d be eligible. First of all, I have never blogged before (though MIT blogs inspire me to give it a try)! Secondly (and more disappointingly) I will have to miss a lot of Saturday from ~10 – 6 as I have piano classes…. but I’ll be going to EVERYTHING I can otherwise! (seriously, my plan is to get as much food as possible = go to as many events as possible). Lol, could I still write a post, or does “Attending CPW” = “being at MIT from Thursday – Sunday straight”….?

“Keep it rated PG13 “

What exactly happens at this CPW? *raises eyebrow*

I can’t wait to see what people send.

9. Bryan says:

Since about 4 hours of any given day of CPW should give you more than enough blog material, even if you’ll only be here for a day, you are more than welcome to write an entry.

– Bryan

10. Yuzhi '12 says:

a MIT’11 mentioned that I might not want my parents to know everything that happens at CPW…. or else they might send to elsewhere. He just said that I’ll find out for myself…

I’ve had a blog for over 5 years, but it is mostly rants about random things.

Yes ! Bryan the blogger is back !