Alaska by Snively '11

Where I am right now.

I have decided that today I will operate under the assumption that I am in Alaska. Not because it’s cold or anything, just because it’s a change of pace.

Your thoughts on Alaska are welcomed.

19 responses to “Alaska”

1. Just watch out for mosquitoes

2. Val'14? says:

Did you see any polar bear walking by when you’re typing?
    Maybe I should operate under the assumption that I am in MIT. (Will that get me in? =| haha)

Oh, and my first time second!(I’m always sooo behind)

@Val ’14: Actually I was here first. I read the answer to my question and I clicked on the Home button, that was when I saw this post – right when it appeared. But I am vehemently opposed to ‘first!’ spam. Also, It’s been my lucky week, I was the first to see all four posts. raspberry But congrats anyways. smile

I don’t know about you, but I think Alaska is quite cold. Don’t you?

I also think that this is the most random blog entry in the 4 years that I have been reading them. Not that I don’t appreciate that =)

have you spotted sarah palin

6. Alas! says:

I have decided that today I will operate under the assumption that I am not in Alaska. Not because it’s cold or anything, just because it’s a change of pace.

7. Karen F. says:

Alaska was the only other place I considered going to school besides MIT…

Also, something I like to do when it’s cold: Bundle up, wear sunglasses (this works best when it’s bright and has recently snowed) and chew a bunch of minty altoids. Then ride your bike breathing through your mouth for the full chilling effect of the altoids and pretend your in antarctica and that pedestrians are penguins and cars are leopard seals.

This won’t work for alaska – there are no penguins there.

Can you see Russia?

“Can you see Russia?”

+1

10. VAL ('14?) says:

@Piper ’12: WIN.

I would also like to point out that I, “VAL(’14)”, am a separate person from “Val’14?” Just so everyone knows.

11. Gee, are we having a case of false identity? Or is that just coincidence?

12. Ryan Lane says:

I highly recommend you read this book. It should take you two days.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Looking_for_Alaska

13. Lisa Marie says:

If you were really in Alaska you’d be considering snow tires right about now. To keep your “Alaska Day” as real as possible — price out a new set of snow tires and try to schedule an appointment to have them put on your vehicle without 1). taking time off work or 2). waiting for 3.5 hours in a lobby somewhere drinking stale coffee and reading magazines dated from last summer. Enjoy your Alaska day.

14. Val'14? says:

@VAL’14

Good that you mentioned it. =)
    There’s a lot of Vals this year.

15. Vinay says:

@Karen F.
    Your post is pure win haha.

16. peiyun says:

Whoa, this is interesting! :D I was wondering how you’d got to Alaska in the first place, when it sounds like everyone’s bogged down by work.

Enjoy Alaska! How’s your winter wear holding up?

17. Eric says:

Just watch out for mosquitoes

Posted by: Anonymous in Corvallis, OR on October 28, 2009 11:24 AM

We actually call them the state bird. smile

18. Clarinetist says:

The mosquitoes either all got frozen or blown away today so nothing to worry about. And be prepared for the perpetual darkness…
    And a majority of Alaskans (well part of the high school population in Anchorage) dissapproves of Palin… VERY strongly

19. Ehsan says:

Alaska will one day become a Canadian province. Just you wait!