Laura N. '09

Apr 18, 2007

Yay CPW!

Posted in: Visit

CPW is finally over, which basically means I'm back to sleeping again. I definitely had an awesome time hosting events for Burton Conner and getting to meet a lot of you, but it was exhausting- I lived in the Burton Conner TV Lounge. When one event was over I'd clean up from it, take a 30 minute nap on one of the couches down there (during which time I dreamed about all of the things that needed to be done in the next x hours) and then set up for the next event.

But, from what I hear, you guys had a good time, so at least it was all for a good cause. ;-)

Unfortunately, I don't have many pictures of the weekend because of an unfortunate camera battery charger mishap (long story I'll tell you sometime). Luckily, however, our good friend Snively used my computer to clear his pictures off his camera memory card. My own personal motto, which I repeat to my friends often, is "I don't judge, I just take pictures." In this case, I feel like it needs to be modified to "I don't judge, I just post pictures."

[This entry was brought to you by the following quote: "I look forward to a time when I'm not sleep-deprived and can argue with her without totally getting pwned, it's ON Laura!" in Bryan's guest blog entry.]

So now, I present to you, Snively's real view of CPW.

And now, to enjoy the interactive nature of the blogs. It's caption contest time! The person who submits the best interpretation of the following portrait of Snively and exchange between Keri and I will win...um...bragging rights. Or something.

Caption Contest A:

Caption Contest B:

Coming soon: actual pictures of the awesome natural ice formation I saw on my most recent floor trip. <3 Conner 2!!!

*sigh*

The whale though, I have no regrets about taking a picture of that whale, he was awesome!

For all my pictures (more than 350 (no promises on quality c^)) check out:

http://s177.photobucket.com/albums/w212/jzzsxm/

Posted by: Snively on April 18, 2007

Caption A: "People still read books at MIT?!"

Give me a break, I'm tired.

Posted by: Keri on April 18, 2007

hahaha it's my hair!! i think i made fun of him for taking a picture of it, way back when. i already told him he would never win against you..... this is priceless.

Posted by: Sara '11 on April 18, 2007

For the record, no one can argue with Laura and win. No one. I came the closest of anyone last weekend and she still owns everyone. If Laura argued with herself it would probably end with bloodshed and an episode of Cops.

Posted by: Harrison on April 18, 2007

--insert chuck norris joke here--

Posted by: Snively on April 18, 2007

me: laura owned you
snively: yes i know. very much so.

just for the record ^^^

Posted by: 0 on April 18, 2007

Caption A: "I knew MIT should offer more English classes. Doesn't anyone here know the difference between a plural and a singular...?"

Caption B: "1 + 3 = player"

Posted by: Kieran on April 18, 2007

oh. and the Anonymous me was ... well, me.

Posted by: Sara '11 on April 18, 2007

Anthony: Lovin mah cookie.

Posted by: Christina on April 18, 2007

Caption A:
"dude...library has "bra" in it."

Posted by: Kari on April 18, 2007

Snively!! You got a couple pix of me on the hand car at the East Campus BBQ. i was looking through the pix on photobucket and i thought to myself "that girl has the exact same outfit as me!!" and when i looked closely, it WAS me! haha...im the one in the biege jacket on the hand car. The guy who built it is my boyfriend. =] do you mind if i save some of those pix?

Posted by: Kathy B. on April 19, 2007

please do, save as many pics as you'd like!

Posted by: Snively on April 19, 2007

thanks snively, btw, add me on facebook? im a pre-frosh too =]...Kathy Bui in the MIT network will be the search.

Posted by: Kathy B. on April 19, 2007

Snively, you are my hero.

You have the only photographic evidence so far of my handcar's existance, and I'll be sure to steal them from Kathy. Did you ever get a ride on it? If not, you can ride Determination v2.1 during Rush! (I have to take apart, but it will return!!!)

Hope you enjoyed your CPW, and glad you got to come by EC (I live on 1E, by the way....)

Nathan

Posted by: Nathan 10 on April 19, 2007

Those pictures are just awesome.
Great job Snively.

*I think I should try arguing with Laura to see if I can win.*

Posted by: Vihang on April 19, 2007

Caption A:
"Where did I put my camera?"
Caption B:
"Snively promised what??? PWN ME???"

Posted by: Vytautas on April 19, 2007

Woah. Those are totally 2.007 balls.

AURGHHH!!! It's even taunting me on Laura's blog!!

Posted by: Dizzle '09 on April 19, 2007

Keri looks like she's going all "Oh no, you didn't" in the pic. So I guess that's my caption.

Posted by: milena '11 on April 19, 2007

Caption A:
"I wonder if that would look cooler in a serif font..."
Caption B:
"You're a geek too? What is it with this place?"

Posted by: Greg Courville on April 19, 2007

Caption A:
This has to be another Caltech prank. MIT doesn't have libraries...does it?

Posted by: anonymous on April 19, 2007

Caption A: The infinite questions to be answered at MIT -What is the real meaning of MIT Libraries?

Caption B: Keri- "That's your answer to the meaning of MIT Libraries?"
Guy in the back- "hmm something slightly more interesting than the meaning of libraries is going on over there."

Posted by: Kristen on April 19, 2007

Caption A: hmmm...lib...libra...librar...LIBRARY!

Posted by: Emily L. on April 19, 2007

Caption a:
It was an admittedly immature prank and he fell for it, pushing open the door and striding briskly into the ladies lounge.

Caption b:
The students had a strange idea of how to have fun in their free time, and formed an orderly line against the wall, waiting for a chance to argue with Laura,

Posted by: cindy on April 20, 2007

A: Damn...I wish I knew how to read
B: *backing away slowly*

Posted by: Sauza on April 21, 2007

Laura, your BC events were awesome. Yay smores and taboo!!!

Posted by: Maia '11 on April 21, 2007

Where was that whale? I want to steal it and put it in my living room, with my 5-foot tall Darth Vader cutout.

Posted by: Whale thief on April 21, 2007