MIT student blogger Jessie L. '07

A quick plug by Jessie L. '07

It had been quite a while since I looked at MIT’s online Hack Gallery. But now, I look, and I notice that while they aren’t completely up to date, they’ve made a lot of updates to the timeline, and to the writeups for some of the hacks, since the last time I went to the site. Well done, folks!

For the curious, there are other sources of information about hacks at MIT, including Nightwork and other books and articles.

Poll of my readers: What’s your favorite MIT hack? I know it’s awesome, but please don’t everybody say the taking of Caltech’s Fleming Cannon. I have a fondness for, among others, the Wright Flyer, which happened during my freshman year.

Other hack-related entries on my blog include:

I feel the need, the need for speed! (mostly about Six Flags New England, but also has pictures of the Harry Potter-esque lightning bolt scar on the Great Dome)

Hacks and meta-hacks (an MIT map gets modified to include the locations of famous hacks)

MIT wins the gold (when the Great Dome won an Olympic gold medal)

MIT hacks Caltech (the cannon)

This was meant to be written a week and a half ago (about when Caltech’s Fleming House came for the cannon)

4 responses to “A quick plug”

It’s a tie between the freshmen housing assignments in 1994 and President Vest’s Disappearing Office.

Simmons’ Caltech hack

3. Fermion says:

Personally, I consider the “Innovative Housing Assignments” hack my favorite. Apparently, before official housing assignments were sent, some students sent.. .. .. original housing assignments to many of the freshmen.

Click on my name below for more info on this incident.

4. Betsy says:

While I like all of them that have been mentioned so far, I think my favorite was Mario Brothers in Infinite Corridor.