A few updates for the Class of 2011…
Tonight MIT students will be calling as many admitted students as possible. We’ll start with east coast students around 6pm Eastern time, and working our way west until around 11pm (EST). Start thinking of questions you might have for actual MIT students! And, don’t worry, if for whatever reason you don’t get to talk to an MIT student tonight, there are plenty of other opportunities to do so. (We’ll also try to make some more phone calls next Tuesday)
Also, admitted students now have a whole bunch of stuff on their MyMIT portal, including:
- Class of 2011 Guestbook. Sign in, learn about your classmates, post a picture, find out who else is from your area, and more.
- Admitted Student Meetings. Across the country (and across the world) there will be meetings of students admitted to the Class of 2011, as soon as tomorrow night (I’m looking at you, Seoul, Korea). Check out the schedule so you can find out when the meeting in your area is.
- CPW Registration. You can now register for Campus Preview Weekend. Make your travel arrangements now and fill out the registration form as soon as possible before the deadline!
A few tips for CPW:
- If your parents will be joining you — and they are certainly invited, and there are many parent events — I recommend that they make their hotel reservations by Friday (yes, this Friday), when our block of rooms with special rates expires.
- Register as soon as you can once you’ve decided to come and made your travel arrangements. As long as you’re registered by the deadline (Monday, April 2), you’ll be all set.
- On the registration form, please help us out by giving us useful information to match you with a host & living group. Some living groups are extremely social, some are very nerdy, some are single sex, some have cats, some are in a historic mansion, and some have an awesome Disco Dance Floor. Give us a clue as to what will work best for you.
We’ll have a lot more to say about CPW over the next few weeks. I hope I’ll see many of you there!