MIT student blogger Mitra L. '07

AIDS Walk San Francisco by Mitra L. '07

Shameless solicitation -- join the fun

This Sunday, I am participating in the 2006 AIDS Walk San Francisco. My friend Tiffany ’06 invited me to join her company’s team, and Laura ’06 will be walking with us as well. If you’re in the Bay Area this weekend, please join the 10K event. We leave from the eastern end of Golden Gate Park.

9:00 a.m. Sign-In opens
9:30 a.m. Aerobic Warm-Up sponsored by Kaiser Permanente.
9:45 a.m. Opening Ceremony in Sharon Meadow.
10:30 a.m. AIDS Walk begins!
12:30 p.m. Post-Walk concert and family entertainment in Sharon Meadow

Official SF AIDS Walk website

And now for the fundraising:

This is a very important issue to me so I have set an ambitious fundraising goal. I want to do as much as I can to make a difference in the lives of men, women, and children affected by HIV and AIDS. Even though there has been a lot of publicity about drug treatments which are prolonging some people’s lives, they don’t work for everyone and there is still no cure in sight. Moreover, young people are still getting infected at alarmingly high rates.

I want your help. Will you please sponsor me for the AIDS Walk? Just click on the website address below to enter my personalized web page and charge your donation. Thank you, in advance, for supporting this important cause and for showing that you join me in wanting to end this epidemic.

Mitra’s AIDS Walk site

Thanks.

2 responses to “AIDS Walk San Francisco”

Argh, I really, REALLY wanted to go, but I’m leaving for Korea/the Phillipines this Sunday. best of luck to you guys; I hope you go way past your goal!

2. Mags says:

Hey there, I did the walk too this past Sunday, and try to do so every year. Congrats on finishing! smile