COVID-19

Learn more about how MIT Admissions is responding to COVID-19 in this blog post from our Dean and new dedicated FAQs.

MIT staff blogger Ben Jones

And Then There Was One by Ben Jones

Juan Salvador Acosta has broken the pact and succumbed to the mighty razor.

Folks, it is a sad, sad day in the MIT Admissions Office.

Juan Salvador Acosta has broken the pact and succumbed to the mighty razor. His face is as smooth as a baby’s, as they say.

Which leaves yours truly as the only remaining wookie.

I must go now and weep gently. May my beard catch the tears that would otherwise run with the ink of your applications.

Salvador, I thought you were the one…

(P.S. Questions from last entry have been answered at the end of it.)

12 responses to “And Then There Was One”

1. Eujin says:

Ben, it is a very sad news.
    There is a positive side though – you will be remembered as the Great Wookie from Admissions
    Office from now on.

Sincerely, Eujin

2. Eujin says:

Forgot to ask, is your wife somewhat Russian?
    {as for me name Tanya has always been associated with Russia}

Later, Eujin

3. Stevo says:

aww man, i was gonna send an email saying ‘matt should get a beard’ but oh well… i probably still will, just might not be the same

4. Fabrice says:

This seems to have been The Weekend of the Razor :|

5. Ben says:

Eujin – yep, we both have some ukranian ancestry (but hopefully not the same ancestors) wink

Stevo – it couldn’t hurt!

Fabrice – I though Akash was kidding – is it true? Are you going to update your pic? But what will become of the woodland creatures?

6. Fabrice says:

It’s true! It was time for a change after something like three years. I think I’ll keep this for a bit and see about a pic.

No worries. I arranged with the Department of the Interior to relocate the woodland creatures to a protected habitat. They required that I obtain a permit for removal as the creatures were on the list of endangered species.

7. Oh no!!! Well, I still look forward to you being the mighty Wookie of the MIT Falcon.

P.S. – Compared to your 30″ of snow, Baltimore just got 3. HA! I wonder, do you miss your hometown weather? We’re overdue for another blizzard but Farmer’s Almanac says it’s coming.

8. Kiersten says:

HOLA!

It’s probably better to not be a wookie, they end up getting squashed by moons.

ADIOS!~Kiersten~

9. Ben says:

I have seen the evidence – Fabrice is indeed a new man.

Mike – definitely miss the hometown. You guys need another blizzard like the one we had in 1983 – I was really, really young but I’ll still never forget it…

10. Fabrice…Weekend of the Razor??? I think I might have to agree. I slipped in the shower while shaving and gave myself a pretty bad cut on my knee, and naturally, wasn’t too happy about it. I made a sailor sound like a four-year-old girl smile.

But now, I think it’s almost healed… except when my friends think it’s funny to hit or poke the neon green band-aid on my knee.

11. Fabrice says:

Katharine,

Solution: wear long pants and they won’t know where to poke. smile

I don’t shave my legs, thankfully. wink

12. Nbot1 says:

Ben, that’s very sad. Don’t worry, that just means youre the reigning champ!!! By the way, all jokes aside, I think the beard looks good on you.