MIT student blogger Jessie L. '07

As though we weren’t hosed enough… by Jessie L. '07

…we’ve been graced with a fire truck on the Great Dome!

In case you can’t tell, that inscription says “MIT Fire Department”.

The CPs appreciate good hacks too. I got this far-view shot that includes these two good officers staring at the Great Dome from their bikes:

As a measure of my dedication to bringing you interesting campus news and rants, I was out there attempting to take pictures at 5AM, while most of you, I hope, were asleep. But the batteries on my camera had died. Sadness. But daylight shots have their own merits. The fire truck looks all red and shiny and pretty.

3 responses to “As though we weren’t hosed enough…”

I gave info group today and in the place where I usually talk about the police car being my favorite dome hack, I paused and revised my presentation. grin

What an amazing way to commemorate the 9/11 anniversary. Big praise to the folks behind this – clearly this took A LOT of time to plan and execute.

2. Christy says:

Although I’m not a student at MIT (well, not yet, anyway), I’ve long been amused with hacks and pranks. I even bought the book “Nightwork” to find out more after a campus tour in April, and what an amusing read it was indeed. But to see a REAL LIVE hack happen, well this just takes the cake! And the perhaps the most uncanny thing about it all is that I’m supposed to have my interview today with my EC; that HAS to be a good omen!!

Major claps to the students who executed this; aside from pretty much being a work of genius, it was a thoughful gesture in remembrance of the day.

3. Evan Broder says:

For those of you that didn’t see it, there were also two Dalmatians and a dummy in the truck, and I’m told that the siren lights flashed IHTFP in morse code smile