MIT student blogger Mitra L. '07

Biking the bridge by Mitra L. '07

I biked across the Golden Gate bridge to Sausalito

On Sunday, a coworker and I decided to be tourists in our own city and bike across the Golden Gate bridge. Now granted, full-time residents of San Francisco do this every weekend, but do they do it on bikes they have rented by the hour from Bike and Roll? I think not.

The hardest part on the whole route was once we had crossed the bridge. We had to walk our bikes down a steep set of stairs, across a path underneath the bridge, and carry them up a steep set of stairs on the other side. The best part of the whole thing was taking this picture.

Sausalito is beautiful.

Looks like Mr. Center of Gravity understands 8.01: Classical Mechanics. (Should I be linking to 8.01t or the 8.01 in lecture format?? Dilemma.)

Simply lovely

You don’t have to stop biking once you’re at MIT, though! Join the MIT Cycling team. Don’t have a bike? Check out TechBikes, “MIT Campus Bikeshare Program”

5 responses to “Biking the bridge”

1. Ayush Gupta says:

Ah .. San Francisco’s iconic bridge. Did you know that a 340,000 tonnes (weight of 7 Titanics) highway (that looks pretty much like this one but has two freeways) is presently under-construction in Mumbai? It passes over the city and the sea. Saw it on NatGeo. Engnieering marvels never cease to (plesantly) surprise me. grin

2. Leo Luo says:

Nice,

and I like the sweet bag that sits in front of your ride.

3. kash says:

Hey, go to “FISH” its the most famous seafood restaurant in all of sausalito. If you don’t eat seafood there, then you haven;t tasted great seafood. The reason I know about this place is cuz im in California myself. I urge you to visit this restaurant.

Fish is at:

350 Harbor Drive

Sausalito, CA 94965

Phone: 415-331-FISH (3474)

Fax: 415-331-3421

4. Mitra says:

Hey Kash, thanks so much for your suggestion! I am trying to go back again this Saturday, so I’ll stop by Fish if I make it to Sausalito raspberry

5. abhinav says:

hi,

who along with you? i lke you. contact me if you agree.

and also tell me about admission news and advices.

thanks with a lot of loves.

bye.

abhinav kumar,

india.