Class of 2010 Roll Call by Matt McGann '00

It's May 1st -- welcome to MIT!

It’s May 1! Welcome to the MIT Class of 2010!

If you have sent back your MIT reply form with an affirmative response, check in here in the comments. We’re excited to have you as a member of the class!

We’ve spent the past year getting to know each other, and I’m glad we’ll have to next four years together, too. (I hope you’ll stop by 3-107 from time to time and say hi to Ben, Nance and I!) It’s going to be a wild ride — fasten your seatbelt =)

Ah, May 1st… I remember senior year of high school, when May came around everyone and their mother (literally) walked around with their college t-shirt on, rightly proud of their future home for the next four years. These days, you don’t have to travel all the way to Cambridge to buy an MIT t-shirt — the power of the Internet!

Yes, over at The Coop‘s web site, you can pick up all the MIT swag you need. And don’t forget about that discount coupon that came in your admit pack!

Ah, but sometimes, you want to be a little subtle in your MIT pride, while still feeling awesome. What to do? Luckily, this email came to my inbox…

From: Tim Howe
To: Matt McGann
Subject: Howe & Ser Moving Co. Shirts

Dear Matt,
I heard the prospective students to MIT really liked that cannon we moved to your campus as they arrived. We have decided to make company shirts available to the public. Since so many people reading your blog visited our website, we though they might be interested in buying one for themselves (or hundreds for their friends, either way) to show off this hack which they actually got to see. The design and ordering form are at:
http://www.howeandser.com/shirts.html
and of course, as a national moving company, we will gladly deliver the shirts to any location.
I would appreciate if you mentioned this in your blog.

Thanks and Best Regards,
Tim Howe
Howe & Ser Moving Co.

You may remember the Howe & Ser Moving Co. from a certain, um, project of theirs. You’d make Tim Howe (for those of you not in the know — Tim Howe, like Jack Florey or J. Arthur Random, is a psuedonym) very happy by purchasing your very own, super-cool, Howe & Ser shirt (only $10!).

Anyway, whether or not you’re wearing your MIT hoodie or shorts with the words on the butt today, check in here and officially say hello! Welcome to MIT!

97 responses to “Class of 2010 Roll Call”

1. Nur says:

Hello fellow classmates!!!!!!! ^_^

Prospective Course 18 & 20 double major here

^_^

2. DeRon says:

What it do everybody?! Can’t wait to get to MIT–it’s gonna be great. Everybody start representin for MIT’s Class of 2010!

3. Luke says:

Just sent in my acceptance on Saturday. Thanks for all your posts and shedding light on the admissions process, Matt!

4. AR says:

Yep Class 2010 uh oh course 10b what up. Yes this is going to be one hell of a ride.

5. Maggie says:

Hey all,

It’s gonna be a great 4 years smile

Course 9 or 16 here.

6. Phillip Kim says:

Hello everyone too! MIT’10!

Thanks again to Matt for dutiful updates. =] It’s nice to finally be settled.

7. Hello everybody!!! so I guess this is it! We will all meet in August!!! Yeah!

course 6 and maybe 8 too

Greetings,

Dimitri

8. Hello everybody! Can’t wait to meet you all in August! Here’s to the four fabulous years ahead of us…Here’s to the MIT Class of 2010…Cheers!

And, yup, thank you Matt for all your help and effort!

Enjoy~

9. Analiese says:

Can’t wait to spend the next four years with everyone!

10. Hello everyone!!

I am Ankit Gordhandas from Mumbai, India, currently in Doylestown, PA. Can’t wait till August :=).

Cheers,

Ankit.

PS: Thanks Matt for everything.

11. Kristin R. says:

I accepted to MIT what feels like a while ago, but it’s impossible not to be swept up in the May 1st momentousness!

See you other ’10ers in the fall!

<3Kristin

12. Ariadne says:

I sent in my reply card today! I’ll email you too to confirm!

13. Sean Liu says:

Hey guys, I’m excited to be part of the Class of 2010! I can’t wait to meet you all :-D. I’ll be doing EECS (sorry, I’m not too versed in the course numbers). See you at MIT!

14. Zach Rose says:

woot! MIT ’10 I’m a course 16. feel free to IM me: Razz8806

Thanks for everything Matt, I’ll be sure to stop by in August!

15. YeSeul says:

I LOVE MY BEAVER!!

16. Tish says:

Got up early to mail my acceptance in this morning… nothing like waiting until the last minute! I’m Tish, from New York, and I can’t wait to meet all of you this fall!!

17. Zi Wen Chen says:

Hello fellow classmates! Thanks Matt et al. for all your helpful blog entries. I can’t wait to meet everyone in the fall!

18. Erin says:

Hey everybody! Can’t wait to see yall in August!

I’m going to do course 8 and 18.

Have a great summer everybody!

19. Evan B. says:

Course 6er here (6-3 to be exact).

Can’t wait for the Next Big Mailing.

20. YES!!! MIT, HERE I COME!

i just can’t wait for the big letter with all of the housing stuff…and the email account.

amanda ’10. (most likely course 4)

21. nehalita says:

helloooo. man i’m so excited. can’t wait to get the package of stuff so i can sleep on it and absorb more of MIT =D

22. Claire says:

Course 6 or 20 here, I’m so excited!

Thanks for everything!

~Claire

23. Shen Huang says:

WOOT for class of 2010!

Courses 10 and 22!

24. Cab’t wait to see you-lot…4 yrs in a foreign country, should be exciting…can’t wait till August.

Kel

25. I can’t wait to meet all of you in the fall!! Hope that your last few weeks of high school go well!

Course 6 and/or 8 here.

26. Caroline says:

YAY for MIT!!!! smile Class of 2010!

(Though I have to admit, I wrote Caltech an apology letter… I felt bad, I loved Caltech!)

smile Course…. 8! (maybe… I’m undecided)

27. Jenna says:

Hiya, future classmates! Possibly Course 12, though still exploring others (2OE maybe?). Can’t wait to get to know everyone!!!

28. Matt Huang says:

Hellooo everyone smile

oh ten! oh ten!

29. John Walk says:

MIT oh-ten! Richmond VA holla!

prospective physics major (sorry, don’t know my numbers yet…), so huzzah huzzah

any swimmers out there, lemme shout out – come out for the team next year! Boston Party!

30. I am giong to dring tea for the next four years. MITea that is! Cheers to the Class Of 2010. I am definitely a course Sixer. Hey youall fellow classmates, get ready to shake this world and make our mark. Special thanks to Ben, Matt, Elizabeth Barnes, Admissions Commitee and Financial Aid Commitee. You people rock!

31. three hurrahs for the class of 2010! can’t wait for the fall!!!

i’m looking at course 16 or maybe course 2…

i’m uber-excited about being a freshman again at none other than the one the only MIT!!!!

32. Nora Micheva says:

Hello! MIT’s going to be a big challenge, but I can’t wait! Matt, is there any way for me to check if my reply form got to MIT successfully? I want to really be sure I’m a part of MIT ’10!

33. Colin says:

Oh, HELL yes. Course 16, I think. I can’t WAIT.

Matt, is there any way to check and make sure my letter of intent got there okay? I emailed admissions at mit.edu, but so far without any response.

As a random question, do you know when we’ll be able to set up @mit.edu email accounts?

Matt and Fellow MIT prefrosh, I heard somewhere that there are other places in Boston where we can buy MIT T-shirts more affordable. Any idea?

35. AdAm says:

Sweet…looks like I’ll be meeting some awesome people at Rush.

Any other course 1’s?

36. Josh Wang says:

See you guys in fall!

MIT 2010!!!

Matt, thanks for everything!

37. JasonG says:

OH TEN?!

Most likely course 2.

38. Christine says:

Finally got my finaid statement in the mail today, so my confirmation reply’s now ready to go out tomorrow (my deadline was extended to May 8th).

MIT, here I come! So excited!

39. Heya-

I sent my envelopes off this afternoon and have a tracking number to prove it. See you in August!

–Quentin

40. l0ngL says:

Unknown: dorm

Unknown: course

Unknown: schedule

Known: MIT!

41. Shammiq says:

Yaayy!! Hi people. This Shammi. See you at orientation. come to think of it, I don’t know which orientation I am going to be in, Intl or Dom. Either way, I am exciteeedddd!!!

42. Leo Luo says:

Yeeaah, (Lil Jon style),

another ’10 from Nashville, Tennessee.

(this post made me listen to “Role Call” by Lil Jon and Ice Cube)

43. Phyo says:

Hello everyone! I am so excited. See you in August. Have a good summer!

44. Schmidty says:

#01 TIM! Just kidding. =) (Well no but you get the picture.)

45. Anisa says:

Hello all!! MIT class of 2010! I hope you all are as excited as I am, and I’ll see you in the fall!!

46. Fernando says:

MIT ’10

From Dallas, TX

Course 6

47. Mergen says:

Hey my classmates

MIT CLASS of 2010.

GO!!! YEAAH!!!!

PEACE

Mergen.

48. Hello, fellow Mittens =) (and Matt),

Looking forward to see you all soon!

–Asilata

49. Olga says:

Hey hey hey! Olga out here, holla if you’re course 20BE!

50. Sulinya says:

MIT is for me tongue laugh

Can’t wait to see you all!!!

51. A Nony Mouse says:

hi i just took my first AP exam today. i don’t think i did so well (computer science). how bad the scores must be on AP to exclude me from enrolling at MIT?

52. jwal says:

I can’t wait!!! It’s going to be so awesome!!!!!

53. jwal says:

How do we find out how many people in our state got in to MIT? Just wondering if you could check TN for me. Three people (including me) from the Nashville Youth Symphony were accepted (2 confirmed, the other’s going to Harvard.) It’d be neat to know percentages. Thanks!

54. Hi MIT’10 from Guadalajara, Mexico. I’m so excited. Only 4 months and we will be full time college students at MIT. Ahhhhh!!!!!!!

55. JKim says:

MIT ’10.

Sounds better every time I say it smile

56. Stephanie says:

I’m MIT ’10 from MN; yay!!! I’ll be doing course 6 and possibly course 18 as well. Props to Matt and company for keeping up these wonderful blogs – they’ve been extremely helpful.

I think our class should be dubbed the “mittens”. (MIT ’10 –> MIT ten –> mitten; I believe credit goes to Charles ’10 from IN for this.) A few of my friends and I have already started referring to ourselves as mittens. Does anybody else agree that this would be an awesome idea?

57. Kallie says:

AAA! So why did you have to launch the goods on the MIT 2010 site on *the same day* AP exams started?? Sooooooo distracting… smile

Kallie, here, from England (kind of).

Course 1.

Or Course 1 and Course 12.

Or… heck, I’ll go with the crowd and say 8. raspberry

Or Course 8 and 12? haha…

58. Star says:

Hello. MIT ’10 – See you all at orientation.

59. will yee says:

MIT. ’10

From Salem, Oregon

60. nice one prannay….guess what i’ll be listening to at mit…other than AC/DC that is…MITellica!

hehe

61. thekeri says:

Woo hoo! MIT ’10!

Course 9/5 here (I hope).

62. Hey Matt, I still haven’t received the confirmation of my reply form. Can you check on my status as an MIT freshman class of 2010? It’s after May1 and I can’t help but be nervous! I can’t wait to get there!! -THanks

63. Kim says:

MIT ’10! I’m so excited!

My E/c^2 shirt has become my favorite shirt!

Seeya in August!

64. Joe Laurendi says:

MIT!!!!

I’m thinking course 18 and a side of 14 but I’m going in there with an open mind so we’ll see where I end up.

Wow, I can’t believe I’m actually going to attend MIT.

65. Maria Monks says:

MIT Class of 2010!

Hi everyone!

I’ll be doing Course 18 and possibly course 8 or 6 too. (Hopefully all 3!)

66. Curtis says:

I totally agree with you on the shirt, Kim. Wore it to school today. smile

Course 6/15. One day before I graduate.

MIT ’10!

67. Ploy says:

Yay c/o 2010!!! I’m so excited…and scared…but excited…can’t wait until the pre-orientation.

68. Anna says:

Hi everyone! I’m so excited…Yay 2010!

Course 7, hopefully with a double or minor in 12 if I can pull it off…

69. Jackie says:

Is anyone else scared silly?

70. smiles says:

oh ten! oh ten! oh ten!

Yeah, baby, yeah!

MIT here I come!

Shout out to Floridians of oh ten!

71. Isabel Chang says:

…here!

Hey everyone, MIT ’10 seems to be nothing short of amazing, and i’m glad to be a part of it!

A bigbigBIG thanks goes out to Matt and the other admissions officers who’ve kept us posted about everything!

I’m really anticipating the new school year =]

72. Biyeun says:

Yay ’10!!

Scared? Oh heck yes! But I can’t stop smiling about it.

Course 8er here (and 3?)…or maybe 6? Agh. x_x

73. out of curiousity, what was going on in 32G7 today?

74. OJ says:

MIT MMX Yeah, I’ll be course 16 as well, nothing beats aero astro. I’m looking forward to meeting everyone in the fall,

–OJ From Texas

75. Bryan says:

wait list? =(

76. Sharmin Karm says:

Scared silly, but ever so excited!

77. Joel Cofield says:

I didn’t even realize it was time to enroll until yesterday, but the people at MIT were nice enough to e-mail me a form on the spot. I can’t wait to meet you all. Courses 18 and 14 in the fall…still unbelievable. See you there.

78. Nerses says:

Hey Matt, listen, have you any news about the wait-listed ones? I am quiet anxious about it. It is may 3 and still nothing. Can you spread a lil’ bit of light on the situation? Thanks.

still a little nervous about my decision (i made it as the very last second), but umm…YAY MIT!

80. Munir says:

Hey, another excited and nervous MIT-TEN!

From Pakistan,

Munir

81. Melodie says:

Hi! I’m leaning towards Courses 1 and 4, but I don’t know how much I want to do a double major. I’m kinda freaked out about how amazing the people at MIT sound, like Anthony (read his introduction), though. I guess all in good time?

I’ll see you guys in August!

82. Elliot says:

MITMMX! MIT was simply too cool for the other school on my list.

83. sammy says:

hi,

i am a Kenyan prospecting student and i havent applied yet. I would be very glad if you can keep me updated on the admissions application and financiall aid. I would also like to know if I can be granted speciall permission to apply without paying an application fee because I am not able to meet the cost but I can try and pay afterwards. I am planning to join n spring 2007.Thanks I hope to hear from you.

84. thekeri says:

Hmm, I thought I’d already posted, but I blame AP Exams. They’re causing deja vu. Especially the AP French one.

Anyway go class of 2010! (And possible courses 9 and 5!)

85. Tash says:

Hey mates!!! Yeeeeehaaaaa!!! MIT and more importantly USA here I come…

Making a huge move to the other side of the planet, from Australia… doing Course 16 Aero Eng and can’t wait!!!!!!!!!

More importantly, I wanna meet you all smile

And I agree, how do I know if my acceptance form was received by May 1st, you know with unreliable postage and all…?

86. Daniel says:

any fellow latinos???

im so excited to be a BEAVER!!!

see you all in the fall!!

87. kt says:

I am sooo excited to go to MIT!!!!! Let’s make them proud!!!!

When do we get our info packets on this fall?!?!

88. Chris says:

What’s up class of 2010!!!!!! Chris Cosmides from Florida here, can’t wait for orientation in August to meet all the brilliant and interesting people! We’re going to have an awesome four years guys, best class ever no doubt.

89. Eric says:

I also love the beaver.

90. Nick says:

Hey everyone! I cannot wait to see the MIT campus, as I was unable to attend CPW. I’m going to have to see if I can check it out over the summer or something….ROAD TRIP!!!

91. Nick says:

Ah yes, by the way, in regards to Sulinya’s question, about the AP exams….um…they can’t..can they? I hope not, because that Cal BC test was not a happy test, and it doesn’t appear that the Physics C will be either.

92. MJ Kamalov says:

hey folks, welcome to MIT

a year has passed so quickly, and now we are about to become sophomores.

welcome to the class of 2010, how are u gonna call urselves, ’10s?

anyway, the weather is awesome today and I’m glad that i;m here

93. Hi! I can’t wait to see all of you.

I’m course 5 and maybe some course 10.

Other course 5(or course 10)? Let’s have a talk!

94. John says:

AP exams…yesssss.

Calc yesterday, not too bad – just think, no more calc until mutivariate next year!

anybody for the physics C exam monday? that’ll be a par-tay.

95. kushal says:

hi pleasse help me in gettin there at mit

96. Spenser says:

What what tally ho. MIT

97. Ismael Olea says:

Beaver Love.

-Ismael