First Blogiversary by Matt McGann '00

One year ago today, "McGann's Factors" began.

One year ago tomorrow — August 6, 2004 — I started the first of six blogs MIT Admissions would launch in 2004. Now, with more than a dozen blogs up and running, I feel very proud of what we’ve been able to do.

Over the past year, I’ve learned a lot about blogging and how to best serve your needs. I hope that this second year of blogging will be even more helpful and successful. If you have any feedback, constructive criticism, or any other helpful comments about how I can be a better blogger for you, please let me know!

First entry: Hello, world
First Omnibus: November 3, 2004, entitled “(Q & A)^n
First Omnibus with “Omnibus” in the title: February 7, 2005, entitled, “Questions Omnibus, Part One
Most hits, one entry: 10,976 (March 14, 2005: Pi Day/Decision Day)
Most comments, one entry: 162 (“Admitted!”, March 14, 2005)

As this entry is being published, I’m enjoying some down time in Taiwan. But today I do plan to enjoy a Happy Blogiversary celebratory bubble tea. Thank you for reading, commenting, and otherwise being a part of this project over the last year. This boba’s for you!

11 responses to “First Blogiversary”

1. Saad Zaheer says:

Congratulations,

This has definitely been remarkable, I am so happy to be a part of this blogging community, for the last seven months (I suppose I started commenting here late January!)

Have a great trip in Taiwan, I have heard from my friends its a beautiful country! smile

2. Mike W says:

Congratulations, Matt. This blog has been really helpful and entertaining for me.

3. Laila Shabir says:

hey this is really awesome smile

Congrats!

4. Congrats, Matt! This blog was so awesome when I was applying, and all you admissions officers are awesome++.

5. Lipei says:

bubble tea is sooo good. i hope they have shops in cambridge!

6. I have a friend in Taiwan right now. Taiwan’s cool.

“First Omnibus with “Omnibus” in the title: February 15, 200, entitled, “This week’s Questions Omnibus””

This IS a first anniversary right? wink

Later,

Mike.

7. LBizzle says:

I’m proud to be one of those many people who stopped by your site on Pi Day/Decision Day. tongue laugh

8. I realized I never said congrats, so congrats.

This blog, and the other admissions blogs, are awesome. Eased the pain of deferral VERY much, and really made me want to go here all the more.

Score one for the home team.

Later,

Mike.

9. Amy says:

I’m an admissions and guidance person from the 80s (wow – that sounds like a long time ago!) and I stumbled on this blog tonight. Fantastic! Thanks. Lots of laughs. Lots of memories. But mostly, you guys are doing it right. Its good for the kids and parents — offers the right perspective — for FREE!

Amy