Get Animated by Matt McGann '00

A holiday comic.

A random highlight of some holidays is getting emailed the latest comic from my friend and former apartment-mate Jen ’01. Here’s her comic for Easter 2006:

When Jen was an undergrad she wrote comics for The Tech, MIT’s student newspaper — you can see those comics and more at Jennifer’s Comics. Jen is also a fantastic baker — if you want to drool, check out Jennifer’s Bakery.

I hope you have a good Easter, Passover, Patriots Day, and an overall good weekend.

5 responses to “Get Animated”

1. Leo says:

Hey matt is it true that rejected MIT applicants get auto rejected if they apply again ,,, and another question is what is MIT’s definition for a transfer student.

2. shammi says:

dear matt, how is that I could not find your email address ANYWHERE? is this a security issue?

Well anyway, I applied from Bangladesh bt I actually am an American citizen. My family came back when I was only one, so basically there is nothing american about me except my passport. I wanted to know whether my application was then considered in the intl. pool or the American pool. Some of my friends have been saying I got in because of my citizenship and they got rejected coz of the opposite reason, that’s why I am posting this huge, boring question. Thanks!

3. Aziz says:

Hey Matt!! Hehe, that’s a pretty cool comic…I avoided looking at the bakery’s goods though because I just had lunch and I couldn’t look at the cookies ;P

Shammi-Your application was most probably considered with the American pool, because there are many Americans like you who live outside the US but have American citizenships. That’s why you are considered with the US-Students’ pool, because you are an American citizen. As for what your friend’s say, it’s true to the extent that domestic selection is less competitive than international selection (although they’re all ridiculously competitive ;P) the selection rate for Americans was around 13-14% and the internationals was around 4% …. so you can see the difference there but it’s not necessarily why you got accepted and they didn’t. MIT thought you were a match for them and accepted you, and maybe your friends weren’t! Each applicant has a different personality, even if your scores are identical they might accept one but not all of your friends smile Hope that helped!!! (And I hope that I’m correct smile correct me if i’m wrong, Matt ;P)

Regards,

Aziz

4. Masha says:

oh jeez you lived with her? If I were you, I’d have gained around an extra 100 pounds… it looks so yummy smile

5. Abha Agarwal says:

Hi Matt,

I have been going through your blogs for a while now. I Find them very interesting. It helps me gain more knowledge about the admission procedures at MIT. I write to you from Hyderabad, India. I understand that many Indian students blog you time and again enquiring about the AP exams offered by CollegeBoard. Although there are very few Indian schools which conduct the AP program we are a school in Hyderabad that allow students who donot belong to our school to write the AP exams through our centre. I would like to share this information with all the International students from India who intend to write the AP exams. They can always contact me at [email protected]