HS Juniors/Sophomores: Upcoming MIT Events by Matt McGann '00

MIT will have events with Yale and Brown Universities in Southern California and the Mid-Atlantic states.

Beginning this coming Sunday, April 26th, MIT will be going on the road with Brown & Yale Universities for meetings in Southern California and the Mid-Atlantic states. Details can be found here:

brownmityale.org

These meetings will be a great opportunity for high school sophomores and juniors to hear from three great universities all in one place. Each school will talk a little about what makes it unique, and will also describe common philosophies on admissions, financial aid, and more. Each session, including Q&A, will run about 90 minutes. You can RSVP at brownmityale.org.

In addition, we will also host breakfast meetings for your guidance counselors. We’re excited to have these conversations with your counselor about the state of admissions. Counselors can RSVP at brownmityale.org.

Note as well that later this summer, the same three schools will be touring the Mountain West/Pacific Northwest states.

Of course, we’ll also be visiting a number cities across the country in the fall (cities/dates TBA), so if we’re not in your area now, hopefully we’ll be nearby in September or October.

We look forward to seeing you!

10 responses to “HS Juniors/Sophomores: Upcoming MIT Events”

1. Someone says:

Seems they will have a lot of fun and exciting smile First non-spam post raspberry !!!

2. AWESOME! I signed up and I informed my guidance counselor so hopefully she’ll sign up too!!

3. comboy says:

Matt, i appreciate that you’re excited and jumping Ctrl+Y and Ctrl+V , but what is really interesting is that tomorrow I will be 22 years and 22 days old. this harmonic sequence happens 11 times during each persons life. tomorrow is my 11th one.

1 2 … 9, 11, 22

whoops, 33 days is more than a month, but ok i’ll live till 333 years and 333 days old. no hesitation for that.

4. Liz says:

I went to one of these in MI last fall – it was really helpful :D I got to ask some of the EC’s lots of questions – y’all should definitely all go.

5. Steph says:

Is it ok if aspiring transfer students tag along too?

u guys ever come to west texas?

7. comboy says:

@Anonymous

i left house to buy Texas Highways when i was a tiny kid.
    i sent them an email when internet was as unknown as cosmology.
    in that email, i wrote: when i come to usa, texas will be one of my first palces to visit because of what i’ve seen in your mag.

10 years passed

when i come to usa, texas is on my list to discover because of Steven Weinberg.
    how can my instructor say steven book is not much interesting. pfft, that’s damn interesting. yet, my instructor was graduated from texas around 10 years ago

8. comboy says:

forget spam for now and watch what beautiful things i did so far today for my 22.22 birthday

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cviolet/3455257300/in/set-72157617031961608/

unit is years+days

Please come to Atlanta, GA.

10. Anna says:

Awesome! Next one is in my town. I have work that day but I’ll try to make it. Thanks for coming. I bet the town was chosen so that the speakers could go shopping later. Lol. Thanks in advance for sending representatives!