MIT student blogger Jess K. '10

It’s here! by Jess K. '10

The post you've all been waiting for, or at least until you saw Snively with all those Diet Coke bottles.

Some of you may remember that a few months ago, Snively and I, as well as our good friend Garrett ’11, were working on something awesome. Well, we finished the something awesome months ago, but we wanted to keep it under wraps until its official release. Today, I’m finally able to show it to you, since the Next Big Mailing has officially been shipped and the i3 DVD has gone out to the class of 2014 everywhere.

For those who aren’t familiar with the i3 DVD, i3 stands for the Interactive Introduction to the Institute and serves a first introduction (or second, after CPW) to all the different dorms. Each dorm makes a short video showcasing the culture, talent, and innovation of each dorm, while also welcoming the incoming freshman class. Most i3 videos, especially Burton Conner videos, are a montage of parties, study breaks, and people running around the dorm yelling a lot set to loud music, but when we were elected i3 chairs we decided we wanted to do something a little… different. So without further ado, I present to you: the 2010 Burton Conner i3 video.

A few notes about this video:
* The film stars over sixty different people, and took over 40 hours to plan, shoot, and edit over a period of two and a half months.

* There are at least 14 different memes in this video.

* I sent 107 emails having to do with the i3 over the course of this year. A lot of them were very wordy and long-winded. Some of them were “oh my god, can we do that” emails. Other ones were “I can’t believe we’re doing that” emails.

* The video is currently posted on YouTube in HD, YouTube (regular quality), Vimeo, and TechTV, amassing over 10,000 views (10,377 to be exact).

* Snively and I each make cameo appearances in the video. (Garrett, on the other hand, was our camera man and didn’t show up until we finally get a hold of a tripod at the end.) See if you can find us?