MIT student blogger Mitra L. '07

Leadership & Double Dare by Mitra L. '07

11 pictures of the leadership conference, and 16 pictures of the Double Dare sex challenge

Here are some pictures from the Undergraduate Female Leadership Conference I attended last Saturday as part of Women’s Week

Here are organizers Neera ’06 and Janet ’06 with volunteer Kriti ’07

Women meet in groups and create action plans

Linda Noel from Student Life Programs (SLP) speaks to conference attendees

Attendees and special guests have lunch in a banquet hall in the Hotel@MIT (Note, this is a link to the hotel’s website, NOT to its email address)

Dean Jones (Dean of Admissions) smiles with her tablemates

Here’s Dean Benedict (Dean of Student Life) with his table

Professor Sadoway, of Course 3: Materials Science & Engineering

Here’s Director Royer, head of MIT’s Department of Athletics, Physical Education, and Recreation (DAPER)

President Hockfield, with her table (above) and with conference organizers and facilitators (below)

5 responses to “Leadership & Double Dare”

Reading the clean half of your entry, I was like, “Oh, I’m so jealous, when is SWE (Society for Women Engineers) going to do another one of those AWESOME faculty dinners like the one last term where I got to sit across from Professor Virk, a 55-year-old Indian fluid mechanics Professor, and hear his thoughts on ‘Hot in Here” by Nelly.” Then I found out that there is in fact one TOMORROW, but I have choir rehearsal the whole time. ARGH! Curse you, SWE!! No, wait…. Curse you, choir!!

2. MJ Kamalov says:

I was in he coffeehouse on thursday night…

just wondering, do u care ur camera with you all the time? because for some odd reason, i can’t do that. sometimes i’m very sad that i don’t have a camera with me…

3. vipin pathak says:

hi i want too know about the studies there

4. Kateri says:

Mitra – I love your inclusion of the Double Dare Sex Challenge because come on, students don’t hear about this side of MIT every day. It’s also one of the most innovative ways to incourage sexual safety that I’ve ever heard of. Who came up with the idea? I like it.

5. Mitra says:

Hey Kateri,

Thanks for your comment. I’m glad that you think this has been helpful. I am guessing that Janet ’06 and Neera ’06 came up with the idea, and I’m sure that Laura and the rest of the staff from MIT Medical helped them plan the categories and questions.