COVID-19

Learn more about how MIT Admissions is responding to COVID-19 in this blog post from our Dean and new dedicated FAQs.

MIT student blogger Mitra L. '07

Meditation Mondays by Mitra L. '07

Achieving inner peace, just in time for my 14.05 pset

Meditation Monday: Tonight, 10/16 @5:30 pm in 50-005

Meditation Monday Series guided by Amy McCreath of LEM (Lutheran Episcopal Ministry) and hosted by [email protected] (Lesbian, Bisexual, Gay, and Transgender at MIT).

Join us for an hour of relaxation, self-reflection, and personal growth. Our time will include some conversation about practices and benefits of meditation and an experience of guided visualization, a simple, nonsectarian form of meditation. Everyone is welcome: no experience, wisdom, or attainment of inner peace necessary! Dress comfortably.

I went to this meditation session tonight — which I definitely needed after getting my French quiz back and after watching my chicken shawarma drip onto my pants today — held in the Rainbow Lounge, which is in the basement of Walker Memorial

This was a fantastic session, short enough to appeal to beginners, but long enough to achieve a little harmony and inner peace. If you’re on campus and free on Monday nights, I highly encourage you to attend!

3 responses to “Meditation Mondays”

1. lexy says:

sounds like a lot of good and beneficial kharma

2. Anupam says:

worth reading…seems u’ve really put into it…
    can i hv ur email..some urgent unanswered queries…tnxs a zillion ton

3. Omar says:

Hey Mitra!
    I saw you there last Monday (in the meditation hour), I recognized you, but well, I was kind of shy to say hi (I guess I always do the same thing). Anyways, it was nice seeing you around. wink

Omar