- Thanks to reader Timur, who sent the bloggers some “holiday’d” banners, festive for the season. The “uncapped” banner will return after the holidays.
- Over the last few days, we’ve been trying to catch up on all the tasks we put off during Selection. For me, this meant lots of returning email and phone calls. On Monday, I finally returned a call I had been meaning to get to, and found out that Ben had just answered her question! Rats, foiled again! I also hope to catch up on blog questions as soon as I can.
- I was talking to a guidance counselor over the phone today about class rank (her school is considering doing away with it), and I was reminded of an article I read a few years back:High schools work to ease stress in GPA competition
At MIT, whether or not your school offers class rank does not affect our decision. And at schools like the one in the article, it would probably be better not to rank…
- I just got a visit from two actual members of the MIT Class of 2010! Thanks for stopping by, Quentin and Kallie!
- At today’s meeting of the faculty, it was proposed that the Biological Engineering department assume Course number 20. Having an official Course number is a pretty big deal at MIT, so this completes the ascension of BE to superstardom. Yay for Course 20!
- Tomorrow, I’ll head to my parents’ home for the holidays. I will still be blogging when I can.
- Over at Ben‘s latest post, some folks seem to think I look like a Ferris Bueller-era Matthew Broderick. Hmm…