In case you haven’t checked your MyMIT account lately, I thought I’d mention here that the MIT Overnight Program is open for business. You can stay overnight on campus beginning on September 30th, and since we need two weeks notice prior to your arrival, we’ve already begun taking requests.
There are a variety of details on this page, but here’s a quick overview:
- You can request a 1 or 2 night stay
- Overnights are available Sunday – Thursday (we can’t host Fridays, Saturdays, certain holidays, finals week, etc.)
- Please try not to request a visit less than 2 weeks in advance
- You can only select dates up to 60 days in advance
- During January and February, preference is given to seniors and to admitted students, and starting in March, the program is only open to admitted students
Please note: host-matching is done by people, not by a computer (it’s an art!) so it can take up to a week for you to receive a response after submitting your ONP request. Thanks for your patience!
If you have any questions about the ONP, please leave them in the comments. Thanks!
On a totally unrelated note…
Tonight we’re gonna party like it’s 1999. Because this entry is the 1,999th MIT Admissions blog entry.
The next post will be #2000. Woot! Any bets on which blogger will get it?