MIT student blogger Jess K. '10

Pre-Campus Preview Weekend by Jess K. '10

GET PUMPED.

Campus Preview Weekend starts TOMORROW! Are you pumped? I know I am! If you’re not, well, to quote Phyo ’10, “GET PUMPED!” I didn’t get to go last year, so I’ll be running around pretending I’m trying to decide whether or not to come to MIT when really I kind of just want to eat liquid nitrogen ice cream. CPW apparently is one of the best times of the year – as DChen ’10 said, “when I left CPW, I was left with a longing to return… and a sense of loss of the warmth inside of me… blah, blah, blah.” And while CPW will probably indeed fill you with a sense of warmth and the knowledge that MIT is the place for you, be sure to give other schools a fair chance. Wouldn’t want them to get jealous or anything!

So tomorrow, while chilling with my prefrosh and going to class, etc. (we unfortunately do not get institute holidays and have to still get our problem sets done), I’ll also be either floating around the registration desk bothering these dudes, or at Next Act’s Beauty and the Beast! We’ll be performing every night at Next House at 8 throughout CPW, so you should definitely come check it out. I’ll be playing Silly Girl #1, a demanding role for an upstanding, serious and clearly unsilly person such as myself.

I’ll also be at the MIT Medical Reception on Friday morning, and the Activities Midway on Saturday afternoon, answering questions about MIT-EMS, MIT’s student-run emergency medical service. If you’ve ever wanted to ride in an ambulance, you can do it at MIT. And you can ask me how!

And don’t forget – Friday after the musical is Meet the Bloggers, at 8:30 PM in the Student Center. We will be there. You will be there. My camera will be there, and you’ll be made famous forever on my blog if you come introduce yourself and get a free high-five. Good times will be had by all.

If you happen to see me in the street, though, or track me down at Beauty and the Beast/Meet the Bloggers, be sure to wave! I’ll be giving out free high-fives all weekend. You have no idea how excited I am to meet you all.

See you soon!

13 responses to “Pre-Campus Preview Weekend”

1. Ryan Ko says:

and yes I am quite pumped smile

2. Jenny A says:

im too excited to sleep……

Hold your head up, you silly girl.

4. YOur blog is incomplete without pictures:(

Ankit Chandra
    Gaborone, Botswana

5. ABHISHEK says:

i want know that wts elligibility for B.Tech cources

6. Christine says:

CPW sounds great but I’m in Russia!!!! (but i still wish i could come to CPW)

7. Monica says:

i wish i can go!!!

8. I think is a good school,especially in the art aspect ,where my interest lies.

9. I think is a good school especially the visual art where my interest lies.

10. Marissa says:

Hi Jess! First of all, I must say that your blog is absolutely brilliant. I just read the whole thing in one sitting, and it has gotten me totally excited about MIT.

I’m a high school junior who is really into math & science, so MIT and Caltech are at the top of my list for schools. I live in the Boston area, so MIT is definitely more convenient…but it would be pretty awesome to be in Cali. You’re from San Francisco…what made you decide to go to MIT over Caltech?

Also, I love playing piano…does MIT have practice rooms? (And is there enough time in the day to practice?)

Keep up the awesome blogging smile

11. Matt says:

Oh man… I can’t wait till 2010!

12. Amirah says:

I am itching for another post… =)