Quick updates by Matt McGann '00

Miscellaneous Admissions Office updates.

A few quick things today:

• We have admitted 16 transfer students for the fall semester. More info and data on that when I know more.
  • If you haven’t gotten the NBM, please email the Orientation Office at orientation-www at mit dot edu. They know more than we do at this point.
  • I have, unfortunately, once again fallen far behind on my email. Aplogies if you’re waiting for a reply. Ditto on the comments/Questions Omnibus. It’s still quite busy here!
  • It is Finals Week for students at MIT. Good luck, everyone!
  • Great entry by Mollie.
  • Did you know that an MIT student is the No. 1 Scrabble player in the country?
  • Did you know he also plays on the MIT Varsity Golf Team?

That’s all for now. More updates as time allows…

9 responses to “Quick updates”

1. Any idea if you’ll be taking more off the waitlist =) ?

2. Sam T says:

Wow MIT actually takes transfer applicant!!! Double digits accaptances this year I see.

Matt you can accept a trasfer application from me next year.

Yay for transfers, scrabble and golf!

4. Adam says:

On the next Omnibus:

How do you log in with your mit.edu id? I can’t find any site that will let me log in, and I have some important things to check in my email (mostly facebook entries so I can actually access it).

5. Zaira says:

Hello Matt,

I have been wanting to write this all day since 8:43 a.m. Today, before first period, a friend of mine who also wants to attend MIT handed me a newspaper. I glanced at it, and the first thing I saw was a guy wearing an MIT shirt. I yelled (yeah, that’s my first reaction everytime I see something with the letters “M-I-T” on it). The “Education” section of the local newspaper had an article about a local student who got accepted to MIT, but the article made it sound like he was accepted because of his football abilities and not because of his overall achievement.

Instead of talking about the student’s high school career and family, the author quoted the coach’s comment’s on how many yards the guy can run and how THAT got him into MIT!!! It seems like my community is so involved in athletics that it doesn’t know how to react when TRUE academic and personal achievement stand right in front of it. I have been reading these blogs for two years now, and I am almost certaing (correct me if I am mistaken) that MIT does not accept a student only because he or she will be a great asset to the football team!!!

to check your email, go to webmail.mit.edu

7. Hema says:

I’m waiting For a Reply To My Messege To you Matt Since I’ve sent it in March 31th….Still Waiting smile

8. Hema says:

9. I AM ADMITTEDDDDDD WHOWWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOOWOWOWOWOWO

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*SPAZZES OUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT*

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

I LOVE YOU GUYSSS