RA Blogger Applications Due Wednesday 9/6 At Noon by Ben Jones

Extended deadline...

As stated in the original post, they were actually due on 8/31, but I forgot to remind you, so I’ve extended the deadline. :-)

If you wish to be considered, please get your application in on time!

We will try to make decisions by early next week, but the first priority is launching the new site, so we may be off by a few days.

-B

11 responses to “RA Blogger Applications Due Wednesday 9/6 At Noon”

1. Michael says:

Hey Ben, I have to take the SATs in October coming up, and I will have that score officially reported, but my prior SAT wasn’t officially sent anywhere. If I go onto collegeboard’s site there is a link “Send scores to schools.” Is this still a valid/official way to send scores, just in case I score lower on a section my next time around? Thanks

2. Michael says:

I also have a second question I just found. On the Mid Year Grade Report it says to return the form at the end of the second quarter if your school uses a quarter based system. We have 4 marking periods divided into two semesters, however the 2nd one does not end until mid-to-end January, which would be after you will have reviewed my application (I intend to apply early action). Should I have it filled out at the end of the first marking period, or wait until the end of January as-is? Thanks again.

3. INNOCENT says:

GOOD-DAY BEN

IT OFFERS ME GREAT PREVILAGE TO CONTACT YOU. AMONG EVERY OTHER PERSON I SEE YOU VERY SPECIAL AND WORTH KNOWING. I LVE PEOPLE WHO POTRAY GOOD AND USEFUL DEVELOPMENT IN HIS ORGANIZATION.

NONETHELESS, I AM A STUDENT TRACKING MIT ADMISSION ONLINE AND I HAVE THIS BELIEVE IN ME THAT I HAVE SOMETHING GREAT TO CONTRIBUTE IN MIT. MY SPIRITE TELLS ME THAT.DESPITE MY FAMILY BACKGROUND WHICH IS NOT RESOURCEFUL TO TAKE ME TO MY DREAMS.

HOWEVER, AMONG MY GRADE I WAS HIGLY RESPECTED DUE TO MY INTALECTUAL AND BRILANCE GIFT AND I AS SOON AS I LEFT SECONDARY SCHOOL I HAVE HOSTED 11 CONFERENCE WHICH INVOLVE SOME FEW SCHOOL MATE AND SOME TEACHERS WHERE I BRINGS OUT IMPORTANT ISSUE OF DISCOVERIES IN MY SCIENCE WORK.

ALL MY MIND ISRINGING AT MIT AND I AM GOING TO DO ALL IN MY PART TO MAKE IT A REALLITY.

I NEED TO COME CLOSE TO A FRIEND WHO I CAN COMUNICATE WITH DURING MY ADMISSION TRACKING AND I FIND YOU MOST RELIABLE BE THE ONE.

I HAVE KNOW CHOICE THAN TO DISCLOSE THI AMBITION TO YOU AND I WILL BE VERY GREATFULL IF YOU WILL ACCEPT MY OFFER.

THUS, MY COUNTRY IS NIGERIA AN AFRICAN COUNTRY.

I WILL BE VERY HAPPY TO HEAR FROM YOU.

THANKS

INNOCENT OBIALOR

NIGERIA, WEST AFRICA

4. Vivek says:

Well

I think I cant advice you anything for the mid year grade thing but as for the sat scores the link you noted is totally official one. You may use it to send scores to receipients of your choice. However if you are taking the sats in near future, you may not need to use that link (and pay extra).All scores upto six administration dates on which you took sat or sat subject test will be notified to four receipients,you will have to list them when you register for sat(fee is included with registration charges +any else you ask for(ofcourse for extra money).

(however a college board representative is always available , email them /or call them they will be able to provide best answer

in case you need collegeboard’s general enquiry-form is avilable at

http://www.collegeboard.com/about/contact.html?region=NYO

as for the low scores , they say that they accept highest scores

however Ben would be the right person to tell that

hope it helps

5. Arash says:

So when’s the new MyMIT coming?

6. Michael-

I had the same problem when I applied last year (unfortunately I was not offered admission). I found that they use that mostly to make sure you’re not slacking and, if necessary, withdraw acceptance. Thus, wait until your first semester is finished. I’d keep checking here though, just in case I’m mistaken.

BEN

I tried visiting you (again) earlier today. You were not there. I cried.

Okay, so I’m lying a little. I thought about crying (making fun of doing so, that is). Close enough, no?

8. sarah says:

where IS ben?? Disappeared off the face of the earth? oh no’s..

9. Sanja says:

Hi Ben!

Blog related question smile

Since Mollie won’t blog anymore I wonder what will happen with her blog? Will ther be any former bloggers section in the new MyMIT since there are tons of useful information?

10. salsabila says:

Dear Mr./Ms.
    I wanna ask you about SAT test. The resgistration for SAT subject test is only in January 27th. I have registered for SAT reasoning test for December test,if i wanna apply for this term admission, is it okay that I take SAT subjects test in January? I really want to register to MIT, but i am so confused how to take SAT subject test, because the test is too late. Could you give a tolerance so we ( I and my friends) can take SAT 2 in January and we can apply for MIT admission term 2007?

Thank you for your attention
    Sincerely

Salsabila